38- Return of The Smiling Titan, Part 2

The Titan that had been tossed by Reiner stood up and made its way to Commander Erwin. He had managed to see the Titan coming up behind him and was now doing his best to out run the Titan on horseback. Ymir saw the Titan chasing him and decided to help him.

Damn uou Commander Erwin. I had this all planned out. Why'd you have to go and screw it up?

She charged at the Titan as it was about to reach out for Erwin causing the Commander to fall off his horse and tumble on the ground. Ymir was holding the Titan down by its chest when Historia saw her.

"Ymir! Connie, over there!" Historia shouted into his ear.

"I see!" Connie replied.

A soldier ran up to Erwin as he tried to stand up. "Commander Erwin!" He shouted as he got closer.

"I'm not your objective. Don't waste time on someone who's replaceable. Retrieve Eren and go." Erwin said, clutching onto what remained of his arm.

The soldier who had been running to him let out a cry as a Titan crawled up to him and lifted him by his head using its mouth. Erwin watched as the soldier was eaten right in front of him. Behind the Commander other soldier were fighting and being eaten by Titans as well.

Meanwhile, Y/n and Eren were frozen in their places as the smiling Titan walked up towards them. Eren stared up at with with his mouth hanging open, unable to say anything.

"Get down!" Y/n shouted, shoving Eren to ground. She winced in pain before collapsing on top of him. The fall from the horse had most likely left her with a few bruised ribs.

The Smiling Titan raised its arm to swing at them, when suddenly Hannes jumping in front of them. While he had managed to stop the Titan from attacking Y/n and Eren, he couldn't hold back the Titan's hand for long.

"Are you insane?!" Eren said.

Hannes sliced at the Titan's thumb cutting it off. The Titan pulled back and stood up straight.

Hannes let out a laugh, "Can you believe this luck! Crazy right? Watch me, this is the least that I owe your mother! She'll finally have the vengeance she deserves!" He shouted with a smile on his face.

He attacked the hook of his 3DM Gear onto the Titan's ribs letting out a battle cry as he flew towards it. The Titan swung at him but missed. Hannes continued to fly around the Titan as it tried to grab him, leading it in all sorts of directions like a little kid chasing a butterfly.

"No, Hannes!" Eren shouted as he watched the Titan try to grab Hannes.

Jean, Mikasa, and Armin watched from the distance as Hannes fought the Smiling Titan. "He needs back up!" Jean shouted.

"Yes, but we need to focus on getting Mikasa out of here first! She's injured and can't fight right now!" Armin said.

Suddenly, a Titan landed near them. Then another one followed shortly after. Armin looked towards the direction that the Titan had come from.

"Reiner!" He said.

"What the-" Jean said.

"Doesn't he care if Eren gets eaten?" Mikasa asked.

"Move it or lose it, asshole! I'm tired of your shut!" Jean said as they rode towards a group of Titan in front of them.

Ymir bit off the head of the Titan that she had been holding down.

"What are you doing?" Historia shouted. Ymir stared at her.

Honestly, hell if I know. Do I trust Reiner, or gamble on the Scouts and hope for the best? Ymir ran forward following behind Historia, Connie, and Sasha. Suppose I actually manage to live through this, what good's another day on borrowed time? Like inside the walls will be a nightmare that's a fact! This may be my only shot at bringing her to the other side. I'm just one person, I can't protect her forever.