47- Gamechanger

Levi and the Scouts had finally reached the metal netting that was blocking their way to Kenny's squad. Armin and Moblit carried Hange behind the others when they saw that up above them, there was an exit that could potentially have been used to get Hange out of the battlefield and treat their wounds. Both Levi and Mikasa saw the hole as well.

Might be a way through, but it's blocked. Shit if only we had some more gunpowder.

On the other side of the netting, Kenny's elite squad stood on platforms ready to ambush Levi's squad if they tried to come through.

"Keep your guns trained on the entrance! If we hold them here, we win!" The female soldier said as she pointed her own guns at the net.

Suddenly, there was a blinding bright light coming from behind them. It could even be seen by Levi and the others from the other side of the net.

That light...

"Dammit, no." Levi said.

"Captain, we have to hurry." Mikasa said.

A large spine had come from where Rod Reiss's body once laid. It crashed through the pillars of the cavern as the other bones of his Titan started to form. Y/n and Historia did their best to get Eren out of the chains as the Titan formed.

Kenny was flying around the rubble that was crashing down from the ceiling, doing his best to not get hit.

"Everyone, brace yourselves!" The female soldier ordered as she attached her hooks to the ground.

Levi and the others also did their best to stop themselves from being blown away by the gust of wind that came from the Titan's transformation. Above them, the ceiling was starting to fall apart as well.

"Hey, guys, this place is about to collapse!" Sasha said.

Armin and Moblit did their best to hold onto Hange when they saw that the hole they had found before was no longer blocked.

"Captain, it opened up!" Armin said, pointing to the hole.

"Armin, Moblit, you two take Hange and find a way outta here!" Levi ordered.

By now, the muscles on Reiss's Titan has started to form as his body attempted to move in the cramped space.

"Stupid bastard! What the hell are you doing?" Kenny shouted at the Titan.

Y/n and Historia continued trying to get Eren out quickly, while also holding onto him so they wouldn't be blown away by the Titan steam. Historia worked on getting the lock around his ankles off while Y/n worked on getting the second lock around his waist off.

"Just leave me, Historia. That Titan's from your family, let him eat me and everything'll be alright! Get outta here you two!" Eren shouted.

"Not a chance!" Historia said.

"Why won't you listen?!" Eren shouted.

"I may be an enemy of humanity now, but I'm still your ally I can't be selfless, and I don't want to be a god, but when I see someone crying, saying no one needs them, I have to go and show them it isn't true. You're feeling like how I felt my entire life, that's why I need you to be okay." Historia said.

The second lock around Eren's waist was undone now.

"Hate to break up this sweet moment, but could you maybe hurry up before we're all killed by that thing?" Y/n said.

Just as the lock from one of Eren's ankles came undone, a particularly large gust of wind blew Historia back. The force of the wind had knocked Y/n into Eren and she was luckily able to grab onto him before she could be blown away like Historia.