10- Heartbeat

"But-But with so many Titans around, you can't possibly carry me along...." Armin said. "I told you already. You're light so you won't slow me down much." Y/N responded grabbing his wrist. "Let's get going!" Connie shouted. The group then ran to the edge of the roof ready to jump, Connie was up ahead with Mikasa, and Armin and Y/N were following behind them. No! Please let me go! I'll just end up getting more of my friends killed! Behind them, they heard the victorious Titan let out a scream almost as if it was celebrating its win, giving Armin an idea.

"Wait!" He said, pulling his hand out of Y/N's grasp. "Listen to me! I've got a suggestion." He continued. "A suggestion?" Connie asked. "It's a three person operation so you guys should decide where to carry it out." Armin said. "I trust your brain more than my own so let's hear this plan of yours." Y/N said. "I know it's crazy but...couldn't we use that Titan?" Armin suggested. "That Titan?" Connie said taken aback by this suggestion. "It's only attacking other Titans. It seems uninterested in humans. I was thinking of luring it to the supply tower somehow. If it handles the other Titans for us, we could get everyone out of this alive!" Armin said. "Lure it? How would we even pull that off?" Connie said. "I think it acts on instinct. If you guys defeat the Titans in its vicinity, then it'll start looking for other Titans. Most likely, it'll move towards the Titans swarming around Headquarters!" Armin said.

"How could we do something so risky based on a mere guess?" Connie said raising his voice. "But if it does work, we could eliminate every Titan at HQ in one swoop!" Armin said. "It's at least worth a shot." Mikasa said. "Are you serious?" Connie said. "If we're facing certain death either way, the path to take is the path with a chance of victory.Let's go with Armin's plan." Mikasa said. "You want to side with a Titan fighting against Titans?" Connie asked. "Yes precisely." Mikasa said. "Connie, sometimes the best bet is the riskiest gamble. Either way we don't have many options right now, so I say we go for it." Y/N said.

"It won't be funny if we fail." Connie said, a smirk appearing on his face. "But if we succeed, everyone will be saved." Armin said also smirking. "Make up your mind." Mikasa said. "Let's go get that son of a bitch to kill some Titans for us!" Y/N said as her and Mikasa ran off. Armin quickly followed leaving Connie behind. "I get it! Dammit, I get it!" Connie shouted running off.

Jean watched as his comrades were devoured. Am I really cut out for this? Can I handle a position with this much responsibility? No! Wait! The Titans are relatively concentrated around there. This is our chance! "Go! Hurry to HQ while you can!" He yelled as he jumped off the roof and started to run with the rest of the remaining cadets soon following. It's now or never. We're finished if our gas runs out. "Everyone move in!" Jean said jumping onto the next rooftop, his team following behind him.

Mikasa went in to slice the nape of a Titan as Connie, Y/N and Armin followed behind. Armin was being carried by Y/N. The abnormal Titan shoved a Titan into a building and began punching it until it had killed it while the group swung by. Noticing that there were no more Titans around it, it set its eyes for headquarters.

Jean's team was also making their way to headquarters trying to avoid fighting the Titans at all. But unfortunately Jean ended up in the hands of a Titan, however he quickly cut off the Titans fingers, saving himself. He landed on a roof with his friend Marco soon following behind. "Jean! Thanks! I only got out because of you." Marco said a smile on his face. "Huh?" Jean said dumbfounded. "It's all thanks to you! I told you before didn't I? You're cut out to be a leader!" Marco said. "I seriously don't know." Jean said, swinging past two Titans that were reaching for him. But one of the cadets wasn't so lucky and got caught by a Titan. "Dammit!" Jean said looking back knowing there was nothing he could do.

Letting out a yell, he crashed through one of the windows of the HQ tower, landing on the top floor. Several other cadets soon followed crashing into windows as well. How many of us made it? Using the deaths of our comrades....How many died on my command?