49- Ackermans

A few hours earlier...

Soldiers were currently setting up the stage where Historia would be crowned Queen in front of the the castle. Nile Dawk stood in front of the stage, supervising the soldiers as they constructed the stage.

"Commander, we're good to go." A soldier said, approaching the commander.

"Alright, drop it!" Nile ordered.

From up on the stage, the soldiers rolled out the military's flag, signaling that the stage was now ready for Historia's coronation.

Meanwhile, Y/n and Levi had returned back to the ruins of Reiss's Chapel. They kept their guns close to their chests as they surveyed the area looking for any survivors.

When the land had caved in, it destroyed everything and everyone in the cavern, that much was obvious. Y/n walked past a few of crushed bodies gagging a little at the gruesome sights of the disfigured corpses. Levi however kept a stoic face the entire time.

"Captain Levi! Y/n!" A soldier said, running over to the two.

"What? You look like you're gonna shit yourself." Levi said.

"We found Kenny Ackerman, he's still alive!" The soldier said.

Both Levi and Y/n's eyes widened, and they quickly followed the soldier in the direction of where the soldiers had spotted Kenny.

Flashback

A younger Kenny Ackerman frantically swung a knife at a Titan, hoping to scare it off. However the Titan disregarded the knife, grabbing Kenny and lifting him up into the air.

For a long time, I actually figured I was the strongest man in the world. So this is a Titan? I guess they really do exist, within the walls no less.

A man had emerged from the body of the Titan, staring up at Kenny. He had glowing purple eyes and light grey hair. Next to him was a man who looked much younger, pointing a gun up at Kenny.

"Good! You hold him right there Uri!" The man said, readying his gun to shoot.

"Hold on Rod, don't shoot. Someone must've told him we'd be here, probably a council member. We need to determine who it was." The man named Uri said.

"Fine, make him talk with your powers and I'll shoot him after!" A younger Rod Reiss said.

"That I cannot do. This is a guess but still, I'm fairly certain this man is part of the Ackerman clan. Which means that his motivations for raising a blade at me, are entirely his own." Uri said.

Kenny flipped the knife in his hand, so that he would hold it by the blade, and threw it towards Uri. With insanely quick reflexes, Uri raised his wrist to cover his face as the knife went through his arm.

"Uri!" Rod called out.

And yet, oddly enough, Uri did not seem to be in any pain at all. His face still held the same blank look from before. It was almost as if the knife hadn't gone through his skin at all.

"If you're not willing to kill the bastard, I'll do it for you!" Rod shouted out.

Kenny let out a yell. "Ah shit! Hey are you really the King or what?! Why don't you do the magnanimous thing and let go of me! Get yer big hand off me, I gotta get outta here! C'mon just give me one more chance and I'll do it right next time....." Kenny said as he desperately rambled on, hoping to find some way he could talk himself out of this situation.

Against such overwhelming power, I had nothing. After all, he could crush me to death at any moment. Violence was all I had, and for the first time, it had failed me. Looking back on it now, I don't think my family's persecution was all that big a part of what drove me.