34- The Good Old Days

The Colossal Titan landed on top of Eren and Reiner in an explosion. Piles of debris and hot steam hit the soldiers on the wall. Many of the soldiers were blown off the wall or trying to hold on to keep themselves from flying off. Mikasa was doing her best to hold on to the tree as the steam hit her face, but she ended up being blown away as well. On top of the wall, Hannes, Connie and Historia were doing their best to hold on.

Reiner let out a roar catching the attention of the soldiers who did their best to see what was happening despite the steam hitting their faces. He bit down into Eren's nape taking him out of his Titan. Armin let out as gasp as he had seen what had happened.

As the steam cleared, Bertoldt emerged from the decaying corpse of his Titan carrying Ymir and Y/n under his arms. Both girls were still unconscious causing Bertoldt to struggle with handling the weight. He then used the ODM Gear he had stolen off of Y/n's body latch onto Reiner as he ran past.

He landed on the back of Reiner's neck still holding Y/n and Ymir as Reiner ran away from the scouts. In the midst of the silence, Y/n could be heard muttering something in her sleep.

"They'll be here....they'll find you...by sunset..." she said in a small whisper.

Sasha held onto Armin tightly as the steam cleared around them. Finally able to see again, Armin saw Reiner running away deep into the forest.

"Eren!" He shouted.

Trost District

Titans crawled around on the outer wall of Trost trying to get in. However they were met with a boulder that had been placed there by Eren in his Titan form only one month ago.

On top of the wall, Commander Dot Pixis of the Garrison Regiment stood there sleeping with his legs in a cris-cross position. Bottles of wines surrounded him.

"Ugh, you're kidding me. Wake up Commander. You'll catch you death sleeping out here," A soldier said as she slapped the back of his head. "Tell me you didn't drink all this yourself. God sir please, keep tossing it back like someone half your age and I'll putting you in diapers," the soldier said as she picked up the empty bottles.

"Doesn't sound so bad to me. Old men like to be dotted on. What's the situation?" Pixis asked as he took a sip from one of the bottles near him. The soldier quickly took the bottle from him and put it out of his reach.

"Well several patrol units were sent out. Not a many Titans between the first and second defense lines. And the few that did crop up seemed like they were pretty far apart." The soldier replied.

Pixis thought over what she said. "If Hannes and the advance squad managed to follow the wall without incident they should be getting back before too long. Fairly straightforward operation. They'd have run into the unit from Krolva about halfway and turned around for home. It's a safe assumption they encountered few Titans if any. If Wall Rose had been breached, sightings wouldn't be so random." Pixis said.

Behind him, Commander Erwin flew onto the wall. "Commander Pixis," Erwin said as he walked over.

"Ah Commander Erwin, is it true what I hear about you catching a troublesome little mouse?" Pixis asked.

"Well, technically yes, not that it's helped us." Commander Erwin said.

"Hm, well at least those goons in the interior might start using their heads. Might even be forced to reconsider their belief system, morally bankrupt as it is." Pixis said.