32- Traitors

A light drizzle started had started to fall on the remains of Utguard castle. By now, many of the scouts had made it to Wall Rose and were now helping their fellow soldiers up onto the wall as well.

"Slowly! Bring it up slowly! Raise it carefully now!" Moblit instructed. Ymir was being lifted up onto the wall using a stretcher and a pulley system. Historia watched carefully as Ymir's unconscious body was brought up onto the wall. On the stretcher, Ymir's body was steaming as it did its best to heal and other soldiers dangled off the wall to make sure she didn't fall.

"How's Ymir? What sort of shape is she in?" Eren asked. He was kneeling on top of the wall, watching as Ymir was being brought up.

"Her right arm and leg were bitten off, and he insides are beaten like scrambled eggs. If she was normal, she'd be dead for sure." A soldier responded. The soldier then went back to adjusting his gear so that he could help with bringing Ymir up the wall. Eren looked back at Ymir. If she was normal, huh?

Next to him, Eren could hear grunting as someone was struggling to get up the wall. It was Reiner. One of his arms had been injured so he was having trouble climbing on top of the wall. Quickly, Eren ran over to him. "Reiner! Grab on!" Eren said, stretching out his hand to help Reiner.

"Right!" Reiner replied, accepting Eren's hand. Eren pulled him up onto the wall with ease and Reiner walked away.

"Please, believe me! I'm telling the truth! Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight the other Titans and save us! She did so with no regard for her own life, which proves her loyalty to us, her comrades! It's true that her judgement until now is unforgivable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it! I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself. But now she's a changed person. Ymir is an ally of humanity. I know Ymir better than anybody. She's a much simpler person than she looks." Historia said. She was trying her best to convince Hange that Ymir was not a threat to the soldiers.

"I see. Obviously, I hope we can build a trusting relationship with her." Hange replied. They looked over to see that Ymir's body had finally made it on top of the wall. "Her judgement aside, the information she holds is a treasure for humanity. I hope we can get along. But you know...even if she is a simple person, this world becomes more of a confusing mess with every passing day." Hange said. They had started to walk and Historia followed them.

"You said...your real name was Historia Reiss?" Hange asked.

"Yes, that's right." Historia replied.

"Reiss, as in that noble family?" Hange asked.

"Yes." Historia said. Her head had lowered when she said that and she suddenly looked very sad.

"I see." Hange said. They stopped walking  and turned around to face Historia and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Nice to meet you, Historia." They said.

"Yeah." Historia replied, clearly surprised by Hange's kind gesture.

The ropes around Ymir's were checked once again to make sure she was secured. "How's Ymir?" Hange asked. Historia followed behind them to see if Ymir was alright.

"She's still in a coma. Her bleeding has stopped, and we think steam is coming out of her wounds." A soldier replied. Historia knelt down beside Ymir and brushed away a piece of hair that was on Ymir's forehead covering her eyes.

"For now, take her back to Trost so she can get some proper medical care. She's in your hands." Hange instructed. "Understood." A soldier replied.

"Now then," Hange said as they walked off with Moblit following by their side. "Our original mission was to seal this wall."