12- Response

"Marco...I can't...I can't fight the Titans anymore!" Daz shouted. "What happened?" Marco asked. Daz was on his knees tugging at his jacket in a panic. "My friends were eaten right in front of me! I saw them devoured, and I didn't even feel sad or angry... All I could think was 'I'm so glad it wasn't me!' But...Next time, it'll be me...I realized something. Essentially, our job is to fight the Titans until they eat us, isn't it? I'd rather die right now than be eaten!" Daz shouted pulling one of his blades from the holder before Marco wrapped his arms around him. "Stop it...Get a hold of yourself! You aren't the only one. Everyone is struggling with that fear! Look at Sasha! Even after what happened, she is still a proud soldier!" He said.

Sasha was sitting on a staircase when she let out a scream. "I have a terrible stomachache. May I go join the wounded?" She was holding onto her stomach and groaning in pain, much to horror and shock of Daz and Marco.

"I can't do this anymore!" Daz shouted once again trying to take out one of his blades. "Stop it!" Marco shouted back.

Jean watched as Marco did his best to restrain Daz. "I guess that gag order was indeed necessary. Just look at them now. If they learn about Eren..." Jean said leaning on a table when suddenly everyone heard a loud explosion. "A cannon shot? Why only one?" He asked running into the square to see where the shot had come from.

"Look! Smoke! From inside the wall!" A soldier shouted. "What?" Reiner shouted running to look as well. "Did they break through the floodgate?" A soldier asked. "No way! That's the strongest part..." Another replied. "Someone just screwed up and dropped a shell." A soldier said. "But why is there so much smoke?" A random soldier responded.

"It can't be...a Titan's steam?" Jean said. Reiner quickly attached his grappling hooks onto a roof and flew up to get a better view of what was happening. "Wait! Hey..." Jean shouted. Annie and Bertoldt soon followed to see as well. He quickly got onto the roof to see as well, chasing after them.

Much to the horror of everyone who saw, the upper half of a Titan had formed where Mikasa, Eren, Y/n, and Armin had previously stood. "What's going on here?" Reiner asked in shock.

Y/n, Mikasa, and Armin were behind the Titan's rib cage, the smoke from the canon surrounding them. Up above them, the Titan's head was starting to move. "It's alive..." A soldier said. "Captain Wellman..." Rico started, walking over. "J-Just look at it! It's too dangerous to get close! Maintain your position and remain on high alert! Maintain your position! Have the gunners load another round!" The captain shouted.

The eye of Eren's Titan was starting to move. Inside the Titan, Eren's eyes were closed but when he opened them he realized that he was attached to the Titan. Immediately, he started to pull his arms out of the Titan, coming out from its nape with steam. He saw that one of his arms was still attached to the Titan so he quickly pulled it out.

"I remember hearing the cannon fire...And then there was a horrible sound, a shock wave, and heat...Are we inside a huge skeleton.." Armin said out loud. He was terrified and didn't know what to think of his surroundings at that moment. "Eren protected us. That's all we need to know for now." Mikasa said. "Guess Titan Boy really was a fitting nickname for him." Y/n said. She was pacing around the Titan, taking in her surroundings. Occasionally she kicked one of the ribs of the Titan just to make sure she wasn't going insane.

Looking down at the ground, Armin saw some flowers were still growing despite the Titan's transformation within that spot. Flowers survived, only inside...? "Hey!" Eren shouted, running around the Titan towards them. "Are you guys okay?!"

"Eren. What is this?" Armin asked. "No idea...But this thing will soon vaporize like any other Titan corpse. Let's get away from it!" Eren said, running away from the decomposing Titan body. "Are they in shock, or just waiting to see what we'll do? The Garrison isn't doing anything right now but...They'll attack again before long." Eren said. The smoke still hadn't cleared so neither the Garrison nor the four of them could see what was happening.