08- The First Battle Begins

"EREN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Y/N shouted as she got back on top of the wall. She stood behind Eren and saw that he was looking up at the Colossal Titan, ready to fight it. "YOU IDIOT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN FIGHT THAT THING THEN...." Y/N yelled, but Eren wasn't paying attention. He was already charging towards the Titan.

Y/N watched the Colossal Titan closely and saw that he was getting ready to swing his arm in their direction, so she jumped off the side of the wall, and latched onto it using her gear. Eren on the other hand continued to run towards it and jumped grabbing onto the Titans with his gear. The Titan proceeded to knock down the cannons.

Son of a bitch. He took out the cannons. The gate was no accident then. He planned it. He has intelligence!

The Titan reached out for Eren, however missed as the boy used his 3DMG to get a hold of the Titan's arm and run up its forearm.

All the more reason not to waste this moment! Without you, the other Titans have nothing! I'm gonna take him down!

It noticed Eren running up its arm so it moved its shoulder in an attempt to shake him off, but he adjusted his hooks so he was attached to the back of the Titan's head instead. As Eren swung his blades to slice the Titan's nape, it seemed to have sensed his presence and let out a cloud of hot steam, blowing him back. After readjusting, he once again went in for the Titan's nape but saw that the Colossal Titan had vanished. How did I miss?

He latched his hooks onto the wall and held on to keep from falling. As he looked down he saw that all that was left was the massive footprints of the Colossal Titan. What the? Did he just vanish into this air? "Eren, where'd he go? Did he get away or did you take him out?" Thomas yelled from on top of the wall. "He's gone. Exactly like 5 years ago. He's here one moment and gone the next! Just like that! Where's Y/N was she hurt?" Eren yelled. "I'm fine." Y/N yelled back to him.

"I'm sorry." Eren said as he walked onto the wall. "Don't apologize. Look at us. We were too scared to move." Thomas said. "Hey! Wallow on your own time! In case you haven't noticed there's a breach! We have to act now! If they start pouring in that's it!" Connie yelled looking over the wall.

"Look alive! Operation Colossal Titan response is in affect I expect you all to take part." A Garrison soldier said. "Report to HQ! If you got close to the damn thing we need details." He continued as Eren, Connie, Thomas, and Y/N saluted. "Sir!" They shouted.

The bells were rung, signaling an evacuation. As the townspeople rushed to the gates they were told to only take the essentials. Thousands of people rushed to the single exit in a hurry, everyone hoping not to get eaten. Cannons were fired at the incoming Titans, bringing some down but not enough to actually stop them from entering the walls.

Meanwhile in HQ, cadets were preparing for their first mission. Many were nervous, and trying to comfort each other. Mikasa rushed in panic looking for her friends when she heard Eren's voice. "Armin what's wrong?" He asked. "I...don't worry I'm fine. Just give me a second for my nerves to settle." Armin replied, struggling to set up his equipment. "This is bad isn't it? There's a hole 8 meters wide and we don't even remotely have the engineering know how to plug it. That huge Boulder near the front gate was our best bet, but we couldn't figure out how to hoist it into place. Unless we seal the breach the entire city is as good as dead!" The blonde continued.

"Armin get a hold of yourself!" Y/N said. "How long do you think before they take Wall Rose? Seriously how long! Think about it they can wipe out the human race in an afternoon!" Armin cried. "Armin listen to me! You're focused on the past. Look ahead, we're not gonna be the victims anymore." Eren said, his hand on Armin's wrist. "Sorry I'm ok.." Armin said, finally calming down.