Chapter 36

The next day, the four oldest brothers of the family decided to hold a sort of meeting inside of their room, during which they talked about Grillby –and Gaster's other friends but the 'meeting' idea was mentioned because they wanted to talk about the fire bartender–. Honestly, he had left a good impression on all of them, and they could tell how much Gaster liked him. A great friend, indeed.

It didn't surprise them that much, as in other AUs, Grillby was usually Sans' best friend –or if he wasn't, he might as well be considering much time the lazy skeleton spent in the fire elemental's bar–. Sometimes even being a brother figure, or, as they already saw, a lover. It seemed therefore logic that Gaster would be good friend with the dark fire elemental.

Talking about that, despite what his dark color scheme could make people think, the bartender seemed to be a really sweet and caring guy. Which was nice; it meant that they wouldn't have to discreetly get rid of him to protect their dad... What? Wasn't that what children were supposed to do for their parent?

"I hereby declare that this Grillby is a softie. We can keep him." Demise snickered at Blade's sudden intervention, making the white dragon smirk slightly. Torment and Drako shook their heads in amusement with a small smile on their faces, not even surprised by what Blade said.

They then started to talk about the King and the Queen of this universe. They seemed to be great friends with Gaster, and didn't represent a particular threat. Which was great, as they couldn't just kill the royal couple without any consequence; the entire AU would panic without their leader, and peace would be replaced by general chaos. That and it could motivate the Humans to start another war against Monsters. Not that they didn't like chaos; they were born to cause it after all... But Gaster wouldn't like this, and they wanted their loved ones to live in a peaceful universe. In the end, they couldn't do anything against the two Goat Monsters... Not until Asriel –or possibly Chara, but logically, it should be Asriel– was old enough to reign over the continent.

"Then we have Undyne and Alphys, who we know are approximatively as old as Papy." Blade hummed at the mention of those two and continued with what they knew about them. "And we don't know much about them beside the fact that Undyne likes to throw desks through windows and that they both have a crush on each other. Which is normal for them."

Torment sighed. "Well, we can let them live for now... But if they hurt Papy or Sans, we can always give them a little... Visit, as a warning." The three brothers smirked at that. They wouldn't let anyone hurt their baby brothers. Not without a proper punishment at least. They were fully aware that they were overreacting and that children weren't a threat for their family, but they would make sure that nobody messes with their loved ones. Preferably in a peaceful way, but if it came to this, they could easily take anyone down.

"OtHErWiSE, We dIdN't MeET MaNY pErSOnS... I'M gUeSsINg ThAT nApStAbLoOk AnD HiS CoUSIn aRe ChIlDReN tOo?" They nodded in agreement. It would make sense, as Alphys wasn't old enough to create Mettaton's robotic body yet... Or maybe it was someone else's work in this AU? "MuFfEt MiGhT Be An AdUlT... I tHInk?"

"Possibly, yes. I guess we'll have to wait and see." Drako hummed in response. He didn't like not knowing how things worked here. Granted, he could look through the codes to have answers to his questions, but as stated previously, he didn't want to. They all agreed that it would be better to discover things by themselves and only check a few things in the codes occasionally.

Suddenly, Gaster opened the door and turned on the light with a smile. "Sorry to disturb your dark cult-like meeting that I want to know nothing about but it's time to eat." The four brothers laughed at the way Gaster called their little discussion. All of them agreed that it was better if he didn't know what they were talking about. Gaster didn't need to know that they were planning a possible list of people to kill and/or torture... Alright, maybe they wouldn't go this far, but still, it was nice to be prepared.