21

*Indigo

My phone dinged to tell me I had a text message. I looked at my phone and it was a my boss from the school. I opened my phone to read the message. It was basically saying he was having a meeting with me regarding me becoming a full time teacher.

"I got a meeting in the morning..." I said showing Mari the text

"I know they'll let you do it. You will be a great full time teacher Papa..." she said smiling

"They want you to be a full time teacher??" T asked looking up at me from the end of the bed

"Yeah, they asked. We had a meeting about it two weeks ago. At first I didn't know, but after talking about it to babe and Aaliyah, I decided to take them up on the offer..." I said

"Oouuu Ms. Cotton..." Aja said and we laughed

"Cut it out..." I said laughing

"So what about the Warehouse job??" Mari asked looking down at me

"I could still work there..." I said

"Yeah but I don't think you should ova work yourself..." She said rubbing through my hair

"I know but we are having a baby that we gotta provide for. I don't want to you work..." I said

"I know but we are fine. You don't have to work 2 jobs cuz the baby will always be fine..." she said

"I know..." I said

I heard her sigh cuz she didn't want to have a disagreement. She stopped talking and started rubbing in my hair. We continued to watch the movie. Aja went downstairs and started cooking. She says she was cooking Taco soup. I haven't had that in a while so I'm excited. She got done cooking, we ate and we continued having our movie night. Around 10:30 everybody went back into their rooms to get ready for bed. I went to go throw Mari and I trash away. I went back upstairs to turn on the shower for us. Mari came in, threw her hair in a bun, stripped and got in. I heard her let out a loud sigh once the hot water hit her body.

"You alright??" I asked looking that her through the glass

"Yeah, it just feels good..." she said smiling

I stripped outta my clothes and slid in. I twisted the knob and the other shower head started letting out water. We got this installed a few weeks after we moved in. Every since we went to that beach house Storme took us too, we've been in love with showers like that. I stood there and let the water run down my body, I felt Mari arm snake around me. She kissed my back 3 times down my spin then she laid her head on my back. I interlocked my fingers in with hers.

"I'm glad we are doing better..." she said against my back

"Me too little one..." I said bringing her hand up kissing the back of it

We stayed like that for a while before we decided to wash up and get out. When I got out I put some briefs and a sports bra on. I rubbed oil on Mari's belly and moisturized her skin. I let her put on a pair of my brief and she laid down on her pregnancy pillow. I cut the light off, I got in bed and snuggled under her.

"Goodnight baby..." I heard her say

"Goodnight..." I said back before I moved my head up and pecked her lips 3 times

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

______________
*Next Morning

I woke up to the smell of food. I rolled over and I didn't feel Mari. I opened my eyes and she wasn't there. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was 6:15. I got out of bed and went downstairs. Mari, Aja, and Jilly were in the kitchen. They were cooking breakfast. I went back upstairs to do my hygiene things cuz I ain't wanna get in their faces talking with my breath kicking. After I was done I went back downstairs stairs.