Chapter 19 : Fourth Investigation

.
.
.
.
.
__________________________________

3rd pov:

Kyoko exits the clinic after checking up on (Y/N). Apparently he may be excluded from investigating the case since his conditions isn't well yet. The emotional are too high now. The death of Sakura affected everyone deeply. But the thing that puzzled her the most was how this murder executed. It's almost as if there's no flaws, a perfect plan. Kyoko noticed Makoto in the hallway as he looked to search for evidences and called him out.

"Naegi!"

She could feel the anger radiating from Makoto's behaviour but he tries his best to hide it.

"Yes Kyoko?"

"I want you to substitute (Y/N). As you can see, he's not well now. So I want you to take his place."

"Huh? Why?"

"Because he usually investigate the case with me. After seeing how you handle the cases, you could think 10% of he usually think him."

"10%?"

"He's that smart, no offence."

Makoto nods his head in acceptance and decides to aid in her investigation.

"Where do we start first?" Makoto asked.

"The place where crime has been committed. I haven't check it properly."

"Then let's go."

Kyoko and Makoto reached to the place and entered inside. But when they did so, they noticed that the place was untouched and there was a blanket on top of the body. No one was there, just them. It seems that they couldn't accept the reality and prepare for the fourth trial.

"Let us start now." Kyoko said.

Makoto and Kyoko started searching for clues. They noticed that there were many shards of glass, almost like it's broken. But Kyoko and Makoto noticed something different. Some of the shards were blue while others were simply transparent.

"Huh, Kyoko do you see this differences?"

"I do."

Kyoko picked up the shard and it was light blue, almost impossible to see if it were mixed with the transparent one.

"Hmm, this doesn't make sense. Why would it to be different from each other?" Makoto wonders.

"What if this had different purposes that helped the killer?" Kyoko said.

"How so?" Makoto asked.

"Because let just say, one could be used as making sound or distraction and other to attack Sakura." Kyoko said.

"Yes I do see the connection. We all heard the cracking of glasses while taking cover." Makoto agrees.

"But the question is, what was it that attacked Sakura? We for sure know that the transparent one could belonged to glass cup." Kyoko said.

Suddenly Kyoko's head clicked a bit. She felt confident of her answer about who had it before.

"Yashuhiro, he has that crystal ball.....remember?" Kyoko said.

"Wait do you think he's connected to the crime?" Makoto asked.

"It's possible. We need more evidences to support it. Anyone could've stolen it and put him in a mud." Kyoko sighed.

Kyoko went over to the body and pulled down the blanket. She felt her heart sank seeing Sakura in such condition and still couldn't believe it. But even so, she kept her expression flat and began her work on the body.