Chapter 22 : All this for what?

.
.
.
.
.

Sorry for being so inactive! I really apologise for not doing as soon as I could and there should be no excuse for it. To make up for this, I've written over 4400 words. So please, enjoy!

_______________________________

Present time

3rd pov:

After a gruesome battle with big twist at the end, it took a toll on everyone, including (Y/N). Monokuma declared that it was a nighttime and that we all should rest easy for a new motive tomorrow. Ofcourse others weren't happy with his decision but known better to not take it too far.

(Y/N) couldn't sleep as much as he tried to. He suddenly remembered everything about himself, about how cold and ruthless he was. Sitting at the chair, he held his head in shame and laid his head on the table.

"What have I just done?"

Feeling stupid and tired, he went out of his room and took a walk down the hall to the cafeteria for a drink. When he did so, he saw Byakuya sitting on the chair, drinking his hot tea in silence. When Byakuya heard the closing of the door, he looked back and was disturbed a little bit before relaxing himself down.

"It's you........"

(Y/N) sat a few distance between Byakuya and pour the water in the glass. Byakuya silently just stared at him, thinking about many things. He still just couldn't believe it. Was (Y/N) always this smart or he just shown a small bits of it? If he just shown small bits of it, then no doubt he is one of the dangerous man ever to live on this planet. Just looking at him made Byakuya sweat a little.

"Tell me something, (Y/N). What do you really do? I mean, you are not just a lawyer by any mean."

(Y/N) just simply stares at him. He could feel the sense of hesitation from him.

"I do a lot of things, that you don't want to know. I am one and only, Don Franzese."

"I-I thought that was just a myth. Are you really that man?"

(Y/N)'s silence at the question already confirmed Byakuya's words. One of the most genius and successful mafia boss in history, is here living with the students. No doubt that Sakura lost to (Y/N), despite her massive strength advantage over him.

"You.....know.......I'm really glad that I never encounter you in my life before because I would lose either way. The Togami Family warned me about you, to not interfere with Don Franzese. For the first time ever, I've seen my father afraid, just from the mention of your name. Now I get him......"

Byakuya stood up and left the cafeteria. (Y/N) simply drank a glass of water and sigh. Sakura's death, he did it for a reason. He didn't give in to Monokuma's motive but rather he took a great risk in doing that so. In doing so, he lost all the trust others had in him. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Monokuma popped up with a drink in his hand and sat opposite side of him.

"How're you doing my favourite student?"

(Y/N) simply ignores him and thought deeply about what Byakuya said. Looking at this, Monokuma realised that he came back to his sense. He remembered everything now, which made Junko a bit worried since well, (Y/N) is a very complex man in nature.

"Now do you remember everything?"

"I have no reason or need to talk to you, Junko."

"Hehehehe.........I only want to ask you one question. Where is this laptop 'Alter Ego' you guys were talking about?"