Chapter: 67

Flop!

Lucy bent down on her knees, there is no more trace of her foolish face earlier, the sudden change makes everyone furrowed their eyebrows witnessing how serious this lunatic maid is.

"I failed to carry your command and lost his trace, My Lord"

She said looking down, except for Mammon who doesn't know Lucy's ability yet, everyone in this room believes that aside from her lunatic behavior, this maid is the best in this field of work, yet she lost the masked man's trace even with her blessing to become a shadow.

Tap!

Grizel tapped the maid's shoulder as she speaks in her usual calmness.

"Get up, it was my order to not following him too close"

She had a hunch that this Westerner's representative is somewhat different from the dumb traitors, following too close is like exposing Lucy to unknown danger, and she doesn't want to take the risk of losing her precious child over this man's identity.

"Is there anything else do you want to report regarding that man?"

"Yes, My Lord. I see him wearing a bracelet with a strange symbol"

"Strange symbol?"

Lucy took out her drawing of the symbol from her storage ring and shows it to her Lord.

"Grizel, this is..."

Rex who sits next to his fiance mumbled in shock as he sees the drawing, the combination of a sword with a demon's head and angel's wings, he knows about the symbol because it appears in Grizel's memory as part of that weird novel.

"Seraphim"

Grizel murmured as she recalls this name, the reason why she never let her guard down and be satisfied with her power even though she had confirmed the traitors' identities and the real mastermind behind the rebellion...

Because there exists another group of villains in the novel.

Seraphim is a secret organization led by 7 strong people with code names, even though they rarely appear in the story, Grizel never underestimates these villains, rather, she thought they were far more dangerous than those rebels whose goal is clear in pursuing their greed.

Seraphim inflicted fear through terrors not only in Azure but the entire Eastern mainland including the Sherwood Empire, and it's hard to guess their motive and origin because of the irregular pattern of attack.

Except for the code names of their leader, there is too little information about them both in the novel and reality, and their goal remains unknown until the end of the story when Rex wins the war against the rebels and successfully reunite with the West region of Azure without knowing the truth of Grand conspiracy, Seraphim just disappear without a trace as if never existed.