Chapter: 29

Rex is sitting alone on the bench in the middle of the maze of flowers at the Belial garden, he is staring at the crescent moon which is reaching its peak.

Dion and the drunk Knights have fallen into a deep slumber in their comfort bedrooms prepared by the Miss Belial herself.

"Mother..."

Rex murmured to himself, he recalled the warmth of his mother's touch and the beautiful smile that never lost it's light even in her last breath when fate decides to separate them.

As the prince of the strong nation, he shouldn't show any weakness to the other people, all of his sadness he swallowed by himself since the loss of his mother, he is gradually getting used to fake his emotions.

Crack!

"Who?!"

Rex shouted at the source of the voice, Grizel who pretended to accidentally step on a twig because she didn't know how to greet the melancholy prince started to reveal herself.

"Miss Belial?"

Grizel walk awkwardly towards the Prince, tonight she couldn't hunt the monsters in the forest of demise because of the guests, thus she decided to go for a little stroll in the flower garden before sleeping and found the Prince sitting on the bench.

"Your Highness, that's... Hmm, I am sorry"

Grizel mumbled while avoiding his gaze, even though she doesn't care and have no any emotional feeling towards the Archduchess, she loves her antique mother on Earth, she would be mad if someone involved her dead mother as the bait to sign a contract just like she did to the prince.

Moreover, she has to maintain a good relationship with the Prince for the sake of their alliances.

"Pfft..."

Grizel heard a chuckle and lift her head, the prince is laughing sweetly without any hint of fake as he covered his mouth with his loose fist.

Rex comes closer towards Grizel and cupped her soft reddish cheeks gently with his firm hands.

"What are you sorry for?"

He looks at her eyes and smiled, both of them keep staring at each other in silence for a second before Grizel hold the wrists of his hands which still cupping her cheeks then speak honestly.

"I am using the culprits of your Mother's death to lure you and your father"

The natural smile on Rex's face didn't waver by her confession because he was aware of her intention since the beginning.

"It should be me and my father who feel grateful for you to find the culprits, if you keep on silent we don't even aware of this assassination of our beloved one, Grizel..."

It's the first time for Rex to say her name, up until now he only called her Miss Belial, his gentle tone when saying her name could make other people drown in envious.

"...Thank you"

Rex's hands which still cupping her cheeks gently pull Grizel's head closer as his warm lips touch her forehead sweetly.

Grizel who mastered everything but has zero experience in romance stood there dumbfounded like a statue.

"Ha, hahaha"

The prince's laughter hit the dumbstruck Grizel.

"Your shocked face is killing me, hahaha"

Grizel's expression becomes sour as he laughed louder and keep teasing her.