Chapter: 70

"I heard the Elders are planning to dispatch one of us to suppress Azure because the Grand scheme didn't work as the prophecy said"

A baritone voice of a young man started the meeting of the 7 most talented youths, with only a single candle to illuminate the dim room, the rainy night feels colder than usual.

He and the other 5 sit wherever they want in an apathetic manner, except for the quietest one who is standing by the window watching the heavy rain through it.

"Being older for a mere few hundred years makes those weaklings think of themselves as superior"

"Uriel!"

One of them coldly warns the youth codenamed Uriel who is saying that spiteful remark carelessly.

Even though they are part of the same elite organization but the core members of this group were chosen based on strength alone without any teamwork's existence, and there were never been any situations where all of them are needed to gather as a team.

"What is it, Gabriel?"

Uriel sneered replying to Gabriel with a hint of mockery, obvious enough that there is no solidarity nor unity within the group because each bighead carries their huge ego and pride.

"Stop it, we are gathered here isn't to hear the useless quarrel between you two"

Because all of them found it bothersome, no one wants voluntarily go to Azure and investigate the anomaly which ruined the flow of fate written in the prophecy, therefore they are here to vote for the one who would be sent out to Azure.

"Raphael is right. Let's just vote and leave, I have no time for this"

Thanks to the one codenamed Raphael, the tension between Uriel and Gabriel is lessening, on the other side, the indifferent one who is standing next to the window is still watching the rainfall with his cold eyes without any slight concern about them.

"Those Elders act like superior because they are older, we can apply the same hierarchical seniority system within Seraphim and put all the troublesome things to the youngest among us"

The carefree Uriel uttered another careless word, he just said that haphazardly without knowing the actual age of the other members, it's not like he cares about their age since everyone has been living for hundreds of years and have the same teenage appearance, who would have time to care about such things as remembering other's birthday when they might have forgotten their own.

"Do you know why our leader who stands over there is called the strongest not only among his peers but the entire generations of our prestigious race?"

Uriel frowned at the sudden question of Raphael who is glancing at the indifferent youngster next to the window, the fact that their leader is being dragged into the conversation makes him feel uneasy, and his nervousness was confirmed when Raphael continues to speak.

"It because he reached level 100 long before his 100th years birthday, despite having the highest level among us, Leader is the youngest one here"

Raphael explained to Uriel who is not aware of this old story, it was hundreds of years ago and only God knows the current level of the leader of Seraphim, as someone who is destined to stands above others, his accomplishments are widely known among their race yet Uriel openly exposed his thoughtlessness about it.

Snapped into reality, Uriel hurriedly gets up from his seat and bows down deeply behind the young man who is still watching the droplets of the rain on the window.

"My Lord, please forgive my ignorance"

"..."

Silence creeps into the room, no one dares to speak as the freezing air spreads within this room, for a few minutes only the sound of the downpour can be heard among them.