Chapter: 26

A fancy carriage with a huge emblem of a blue dragon passing through the border of Belial territory, it's surrounded by a group of knights in shining armor, everyone who sees the carriage along the way stopped their activities and bow in the presence of the Imperial family.

"This land is the most prosperous territory, the Belial family sure have their pride in their possession, in contrast to this well-managed region, it's a shame they are ignorant in political affairs"

Said the Imperial Crown to his escort Dion inside the carriage, both of them admiring the vast plantation and the smile on the face of the workers.

They were only entering the Belial territory not too long ago but the atmosphere of the surrounding has changed drastically.

The laughter from the playing youngsters, the warm chat among the adults, and the friendly patrolling guards, instead of fear by living next to the den of the monsters, they live happily protected by the Belial family.

"Yes, Your Highness. Despite being a terrible Father, he is unexpectedly a credible Lord to his people and has a good reputation"

Dion stated his opinion, looking at the people of this territory he was sure that the Belial Archduchy is a remarkable landlord, but the report of the ex Zero who acted as the watchman in this family saying that both the Archduke and Archduchess aren't favoring the Miss Belial, the odd thing is Miss Belial has a true-blood but they never bothered to marry her off to the other Belial true-blood before the Imperial decree comes, as if they just realized she is born with their exact appearance which is likely impossible.

"If this family shows any interest in political affairs and favor their daughter as the candidate for the Crown Princess, I wouldn't choose Miss Belial as my fiance, though I have an uneasy feeling about this Miss Belial either, everything around her is too mysterious"

"Oh, are you feeling anxious about that matter?"

"Yes, that report was brought by the ex-Zero directly to the palace in his day off as a Butler to prevent any suspicion"

"Wait, your Highness. If that report were true, then, isn't it seem like she only keeps her parents as the pawns to manage this territory?"

"You just realized that despite being a top scholar?"

Dion could feel the shiver on his spine, he still wasn't sure the reliability of the report regardless of whether it was brought by the trustworthy spy or not because the content simply unbelievable but...

"But your Highness, In the end, she didn't mean any harm to the innocents, and more importantly, this family is not into your throne as they are more obsessed with having a Belial True-Blood than engaging their daughter to you and seized more power unlike the annoying nobles who keep pestering you"

"Talking about the nobles, these peaceful 2 years were like the calmness before the storm"

Prince Rex added, ever since the appearance of a powerful third party, both the traitor's faction and the Imperial family were laying low and focus on searching for the mysterious girl and her companions, they don't even know if that little girl has a master as a backer or she was the master in disguise, their strength and origin remain as a mystery in this 2 years.

"Yes, even though we have strengthened all we could in these past years, we still didn't have enough information about the enemies and their schemes, to make it worst, the meddlesome Temple also keep saying war is an evil deed to the people, making us will be seen as the villain if we choose to attack the rebels, we have no choice but remain in the passive defense"

Rex let out a heavy sigh, he needs to settle this engagement as soon as possible and back to the palace to help his father.

"Your Highness, we have arrived"