Chapter: 15

Grizel moves the stone coffin, she is looking for her bonus items buried underneath the coffin.

Creaack!

The sound of a heavy boulder shifting is echoed through the treasury room.

"Ah, Gotcha"

Grizel takes out a small treasure box, she opened the box and see 2 daggers and a white crystal-like stone similar to the red one on the skeleton's chest. The daggers are black with a hint of silver ornaments at each edge, the sharp pattern at the grip makes it look more fierce.

This is her bonus item, an ancient weapon, and the white crystal-like stone. The daggers are called twin daggers because both of these were created for someone who has mastered dual-dagger art, which was the shadow of the First Emperor.

When Grizel awakened her Rogue Class, her main combat style is dual daggers art and illusion as the support magic, but due to her tremendous strength and the decrease quality in weapons compared to ancient weapons, all her daggers shattered easily.

Now, she finally lay her hands on ancient twin daggers perfect for her dual daggers art.

'Master, ancient weapons recognized their owners by performing soul contract'

Athena explained to Grizel about the soul contract with the ancient weapons.

'Like the one that I did when I got this artifact?'

'Yes'

'If I am not mistaken, you said that objects tied by soul contract will follow the owner's soul? Then why did it remain here when the owner, the shadow of the First Emperor died?'

'Just like the first Emperor's ancient swords in his coffin, I believe both the Emperor and the shadow erased their ownership of the weapons before dying, normally ancient weapons and the owners are like inseparable partners, it was quite generous of them to leave their weapons behind for their descendants'

'Hhmm...'

'That's it? Master, you have to be more gratefu-'

Drop!

Drop!

Grizel drops her blood to the twin daggers casually.

'Ah, whatever'

Athena's sulky tone didn't reach Grizel who is admiring the shining daggers.

The daggers are floating in the air while emitting a silver flash before its sink and becomes a tiny dual dagger tattoo.

"Wow, my first tattoo at the age of 8"

Grizel chirped while staring at the crossing dual daggers tattoo on her wrist.

Ancient weapons possessed the owner's body through the tattoo as the symbol of the ownership and only change into their physical appearance when summoned.

Grizel smiled in satisfaction with her newly equip weapons, she gets up while putting her white crystal-like stone into the spatial storage, she moved the coffin back to the original position.

In the novel, this tomb was discovered by the Cronus Temple, the sole religion exists in this world. The temple emptied the treasure chamber except for the hidden box underneath the coffin because the novel said they missed it.

When the Emperor found the empty tomb, he was in a rage and dispatched all the Imperial shadow brigade to investigate the thieves.

Unfortunately, they didn't find anything and the diplomatic relationship between the Azure empire with the other monarchies is severed due to the suspicion of one another, afterwards, the temple takes that chance to raise their power and influence by using the resources found at the tomb.