Chapter: 7

"I greet His Majesty the sun of Azure, may the Azure sky glorified you and bless upon the land"

An 8 years old boy's voice echoed through the spacious throne chamber, he confidently greeted the one who sits on the throne, Drake Ēl Elyōn Von Royale Azure, the Emperor of the great Azure Empire.

Reddish blonde hair beneath a golden crown laced with countless diamonds and glittering crystals, but his dazzling citrine stone eyes are far more mesmerizing than the crown itself.

Drake raised his right hand while glancing at the guards as a gesture for them to leave the throne chamber, the guards bow to him and the youth before leaving the hall in silence.

The kid, who is like the exact copy of Emperor Drake with reddish-blonde hair and sharp citrine eyes glanced at the closed door and sighed.

"Father, did you call me?"

He dropped the formality as soon as the guards left, it was his father's request for him to talk casually when only two of them are present.

Drake sighs...

The Emperor doesn't mind about the dignity of a ruler in front of his only son, the time alone with his son is precious that he wants to cherish it as family, not as an Emperor.

"Son, I'm sorry but about your engagement..."

He paused his sentence, the attractive face look down in sorrow, he didn't wish for his only son to marry someone due to political reasons, he wanted this kid to find his love, just like how he found love with the late Empress.

"Father, I am aware of your situation and how those greedy nobles keep pestering you about the Crown Princess candidates"

In contrary to the depressing Emperor, his son, the Imperial Crown Prince is smiling in a relaxed demeanor, his father didn't realize that the prince smile is twisted, as if hiding something behind that cunning eyes.

"Son, if you have taken a fancy to a girl, please tell your father, status is not a problem"

It's rare to find an Emperor to say such a word, the bloodline is a significant course of aristocrat marriages, moreover the Imperial family. but the whole nation knows that the Emperor cherished his only son more, Even if the prince takes a random commoner as his Empress, no one dares to oppose him openly.

This issue makes the nobles feel the urgency to engage the crown prince with noble daughters and gain more power before the unwanted situation arises.

"I have someone in mind, but it's not the time yet"

Gasp!

"Huh?! Okay, I will arrange everything for you when you are ready"

The dotting father chirped happily, he thought that his calculating son is finally showing interest in a girl.

The Azure Imperial Crown Prince, Abigor Áedán Rex Von Royale Azure, or Prince Rex, is widely known as a prodigy, he excelled in every subject taught by his tutors, especially in military and politics.

Moreover, in 2 years he will become 10 years old, the age of the Awakening stage, if he succeeds in this process he will be deemed to be the greatest among his generation.

"Thank you, Father"

He bows to her father, not because of the grateful feeling but to hide his smirk, he has already thought of a way to silence those noble bastards, but it was too early for her to become the limelight of the nation.

She will be the most suitable shield for the crown prince to avert this matter, he didn't know what is love his father often talking about, but at least he knows how to maintain the balance between the noble factions through his marriage.

-•-

"Achoo"

Grizel wipes her nose with a white handkerchief embroidered with a beautiful blue iris and silver ornaments, matching the color of her white-silver hair and blue sapphire eyes.

"Miss, are you okay? As I thought this place is a little chilly to hold a picnic"

Her nanny is asked in worry, Grizel is sitting under a large tree on top of the flower hill, it's breathtaking scenery even for someone aloof like her.

The hill filled with colorful flowers beneath the warm light of the sun to greet the spring, it's indeed a little chilly but the fresh air mixed with the flower fragrance is delightful.

"No, it's a beautiful place. I will cherish this precious memory, Thank you for taking care of me in these 6 years"

She uses her divine smile trick, her angelic face stunned all the servants who witnessed the human beauty far more magnificent compared to the flowers hill.

This picnic is a little surprised provided by the servants who admire, no, mostly worship the little Miss.

Almost half of the servants of the mansion are present, and the other half is groaning in sorrow because their duties wouldn't allow them to come to their little angel's birthday picnic.

The Archduke and Archduchess went to the Von Belial family annual meeting a few days ago, and as usual, they left their only daughter as if she was unnecessary baggage in the family.

Sob... Sob...

Grizel flinched a little bit looking at the servants, they are crying.

"No, Miss. It's our honor to serve you"

It was the head maid, she has a strict face but soft at heart, she was the one who arranged for every Grizel's needs in the place of her nonchalant parents.

6 years have passed, in the novel, Grizel was chosen as the Imperial Crown Prince's fiance at the age of 10 when the prince is 12 years old.

If the event occurs is the same according to the novel, in 4 years she will receive a letter from the Imperial family, the prince personally chooses her as his fiance.

It sounds lovely, but it's not.

The naive Grizel in the novel thought that the prince is in love with her and start to act like an attention whore to him, due to the lack of affection in her childhood.

The reason why is the prince chooses her as his fiance is because of the current political affairs and the nobles factions, it's nothing like a sweet fairytale.

Grizel has learned this two-faced prince's crafty personality through the novel, and she is aware of the circumstances that make her a perfect shield for the prince, and seemingly impossible to avoid the engagement, but...

'Let's see who will end up being a shield'

Grizel suppressed her evil grin inwardly, it will ruin the cheerful mood among the servant if she let it out.

That's matter aside, her assassination attempt next week is more important right now, as the novel mentioned, a week after Grizel's 6th birthday will be the trigger of her traumatic event.

However, Angela Samael, no, Grizel who noticed the good potential of the assassin is planning otherwise, it's to make this uninvited guest as her personal maid.

To be continued...