Chapter: 10

Grizel right now is busy absorbing the slave seal planted to the assassin's body with the power of Gluttony from the artifact, the chain-like tattoo on her neck is starting to fade.

"This..."

The assassin looks toward Grizel in awe, she felt the connection between her and her master is getting weaker and weaker before completely severed.

When the seal vanished entirely, Grizel taps the assassin's shoulder and speaks with a serene smile.

"You are free"

Grizel smile in silence looking at the notification

The assassin who thought that beautiful silent smile was for her is bursting into tears once again, couldn't believe that the day she chose to end everything turned out to be the beginning of her happiness.

Grizel once again wipes her tears while murmuring her thoughts. She is surely a cunning girl but still the type of leader who cherished her subordinates.

"Geez, even if the famous Phantom is still a crybaby teenager"

Of course, that weak side of her was never revealed to anyone else before. The assassin was originally a cold murderer with dying eyes.

Grizel is the only person she can trust right now, someone to lean on, a place where she comes back.

A new kind of emotion surrounds her heart, she never even feel this way when she was with her disgusting family who sold her out, a feeling that she will be safe with Grizel, the touch when she was cared for, and be protected by Grizel's kindness.

"Please, Please allow this lowly life to be with you"

She said abruptly, this feeling, she doesn't want to let go of this warm touch, even if it means to sacrifice her newly gained freedom.

She looks at Grizel with determination, she is certain that Grizel is the only warmth in her cold life.

"Are you sure? How about your freedom?"

Grizel said her fake concern, she has expected this result but her plan will be discovered if she accepts her without any questions.

"Serving you is my greatest happiness"

The assassin said with a joyous smile as if she found a long-lost family.

'Sigh... This assassin is so pitiful, she escaped from the tiger's cage only to be caught by a dragon'

Athena who was oddly quiet for a moment ago let out a stupid comment as if in condolences, Grizel angelic face turns sour hearing this mood-killer queen.

"Please give me the highest honor to receive a new name and life from you, My Lord"

Grizel stands up and smiles in satisfaction, by granting her a new name means she will be reborn as a new person leaving all her past behind and live her life for Grizel, this is the assassin's way to pledge her loyalty.