Chapter: 78

The Emperor widened his eyes in disbelief, unlike his son, he doesn't aware of the fact that his daughter-in-law is the culprit behind the missing Grand counselor all along, it was so much a headache for him to think about the missing Judas, the last time he saw him was at the engagement party.

He tried to swallow the whole shocking facts tonight and taking a long deep breath, even before the engagement he knows that this Belial Princess is doing shady things secretly because of the report given by his spy who worked as the head Butler in the Belial Castle, but he would never know that she is fearless enough to kidnap the Empire's Grand counselor, and a high-class noble Lord at that.

Moreover, the gate used before, is that another blessing? How much power did she possess? He failed to see the limit of Grizel's power.

"Father, I know you might be confused right now but I came tonight because there is no going back after sacrificing him"

Emperor Drake once again sighed and nodded, he finally realized why Grizel come to the Palace in secret, it's for him and Rex, she could have just went to the west and do what she had planned without a warning to convince the spies planted in the Palace, His and Rex's reaction when they heard about the news of Judas's death will be the main point to judge whether the Imperial Family related to the kidnapping or not, if Grizel doesn't come and explain her plans, Rex and the Emperor will give the most natural reaction they could have, but...

She came despite knowing the risk to reveal her plan, it's all because Judas is his worst enemy, she wanted to give them a chance to finish their business.

"Judas, tell me why did you betray me?"

Judas whose hands and feet are tied by magic rope started to laugh at the Emperor like a lunatic.

"The monarch of the strongest nation? Pfft-"

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"Don't get carried away with that fake title, Drake..."

"YOU ARE NOTHING BUT MERE ANTS IN FRONT OF THOSE MONSTERS"

Judas said while laughing crazily, he might say it to ridicule the Emperor but Grizel could sense a hint of fear in his voice, it seems like the Westerners are indeed no ordinary people.

"You should live peacefully in the fake happy ending we've planned and get older without knowing anything, that is the only way to survive the storm, hahaha how foolish"

He sneered at the glaring Crown Prince as he stopped his twisted laughter.

"Now you know everything, Azure will perish along with me"

It seems like he was the one who created the fake happy ending in the original novel while the Westerners remain in the shadows.

Rex clenched his fists trembling in both anger and fear, he knows about the fake happy ending Judas mentioned from the piece of Grizel's memory of that suspicious novel.

In that novel, the Crown Prince 'Rex' had been manipulated in his entire life, if Angela didn't possess Grizel's body, he might end up with the same fate as that 'Rex' in the novel, the fake Hero.

Gyuut...

A warm hand wrapped his trembling one, it was Grizel's, the fear vanished as he looks into her reassuring eyes, she always there as his source of strength whenever he needs her, this wonderful woman has become half of his life without his knowledge.

Rex nodded as he turned his head to look at his father who feels the pain of being betrayed by his closest friend rather than fear because he didn't know about the novel.