Chapter: 38

"The Azure Empire may perish"

Hearing his father shaking, Rex unconsciously raised his voice.

"Father?!"

Rex tried to reach his father but was stopped by Grizel, it will only result in another mess if Rex sees the list at his father's hand right now in his panic state.

She calmed Rex down before gets up and kneels in front of the Emperor, holding his hand while activating her calming aura filling the room.

"It's alright father, Rex and me, we are here to prevent it from happening"

The shocked Emperor finally calmed down after hearing the reassuring voice of his future daughter-in-law.

He patted her head while smiling, Rex also has come to his sense after seeing his father's pale face back to normal.

Dion who was scared if the shock will affect the Emperor's health heaved a sigh of relief, even the devil can quell the Emperor in his dread state.

"Thank you and I am sorry, it was unsightly of me to lose my composure as the oldest one here"

Emperor Drake said in ashamed to be seen as a vulnerable ruler in front of the future Emperor and Empress.

"Father, is the situation that dire?"

Rex asked in a serious tone then started to get anxious when his father nodded helplessly but calm, Grizel back to her sit but still emitting a calming aura to prevent any other panic attack during the discussion.

Emperor Drake gives his sons the list of the culprit's name.

"Haaaa..."

Rex sighed, he has expected to find one or two big names on the list, but he was naive, the name of the culprits and their backers are far bigger than he could imagine.

Just like his father, he couldn't fully hide his tremor but still managed to relax as he holds Grizel's hand tightly, Rex feels like he could overcome the impossible situations as long as Grizel is next to him, to support and help in any approaching disasters, though, in the future, she may be the one who causes the most of his headaches.

Slowly but surely her presence becomes a precious irreplaceable thing he wants to cherish for all his life.

'Everything is alright, Grizel is here with me, she is next to me, I can feel her warmth through our intertwined hands'

Sigh...

Rex let out a long sigh still holding her hand, hesitate to let it go. Drake just smiles when he sees the future Emperor and Empress work together and look strong to overcome this crisis.

"I will never let them mess my Empire"

Grizel said as her sapphire eyes look at the Emperor firmly like a knight who will depart for a war to defend her beloved hometown.

"Yes, that's the spirit"

The Emperor chirped encouraging, he has no idea of her declaration and thought it was a symbol of loyalty towards the empire.

"Pfft... Hahahahaha"

"What's wrong, son?"

He asked the one who suddenly burst into laughter, Dion who is aware of her evil nature facepalmed helplessly.

'I can't believe this fearless devil claimed this empire as hers in front of the current and future Emperor'

The confused Drake who only knows about Grizel's manipulative intelligence and doesn't aware of the demon behind the angelic face didn't know the true meaning of her words, but it's not the case for Rex and Dion, for them, it sounds like...