Chapter: 16

The sun is not even started to bloom on the horizon yet, but a lot of people gathered in front of a mysterious monument made of stones, unfortunately, no one can enter due to the thin barrier envelopes the whole building.

Among the crowds, 2 people in their late thirties are talking in serious faces, wearing black capes with the empire emblem, based on the atmosphere around them, they seemingly are important figures in the empire, one of them is in full set armor and holding a long sword, while the other one is wearing a long robe carrying a wooden staff.

"We greet His Majesty the sun of the Azure Empire and His Highness the Imperial Crown Prince"

Both of them and the rest of the crowds are bowing in respect to the Emperor and Crown Prince who just arrived at the location.

"Imperial Head Magician and Imperial Head Knight, report the current situation"

The 2 figures who wear the black capes with the Azure empire emblem are started to speak

"Yes, Your Majesty. After observing the barrier we believe that this is some kind of an elaborated ancient seal"

The Head Magician is reporting his finding of the ancient seal to Emperor Drake.

"Can you break the seal?"

"We apologize for our incompetence, but the seal nullified any of our Magic and Physical attack"

The Head Knight is taking the turn to report about the durability of the barrier.

"Ancient seal... what a troublesome thing, we have no choice but to gather all the magic historical scholars and archeologists from all over the Empire to examine the seal"

Emperor Drake said while heading towards the barrier, he touched the ancient mysterious seal but suddenly...

Snap!

Grizel who is observing the whole scene from afar snapped her fingers when the Emperor is touching the barrier.

Woooosh...

The barrier is becoming thinner and smaller until completely vanished in the hand of the Emperor. Grizel perfectly matches her timing with Drake's gestures, make it looks like the Emperor was the one who broke the seal.

Gasp!

"This..."

All of the people who witnessed the disappearance of the seal are gasped in unison, most of the knights and magicians present had tried their strongest spell and attack but the thin seal didn't even show any signs of breaking.

However, looking at the Emperor effortlessly erased the ancient seal, everyone will reach the same conclusion.

"Please pardon my interruption, Your Majesty. But, This tomb appears to recognize you as the rightful descendant of the Azure Imperial Family"

"Hhmm, I assumed it is"

Even though Drake has little doubt of the sudden disappearance of the ancient seal in his hand when he has done nothing but touch on it, but the statement of the Head Magician is the most sensible now, the crowds are nodding in silence as if in agreement with the opinion.

"Head Magician and Head Knight come with me, the rest of the Knights and the Magicians surround the tomb to prevent any intruder, and Rex..."

The Emperor glance at his son, he bends down to talk face to face with Rex while grabbing his son's firm shoulders.

"Wait here and do not enter, I don't know if the tomb is safe or not, but as the descendant of the tomb's owner and the current Emperor, I need to go as well"