Chapter: 35

"Lift your head"

The eerie voice makes the guild master couldn't help but lift his head showing his pale blue face towards the little girl.

"W-who are you?"

He said in a stuttering voice after gathering all of his remaining courage.

"What about using your precious eyes?"

The stupid man flinched but then his dark eyes glowing like shining gold for a brief moment staring at Grizel, he did exactly as he was told.

"Mo-Monster!!!"

The fat guild master shrieked while backing down trembling with his jaw dropped.

The tip of Grizel's lip curled up and form an evil smirk because she easily confirmed her target who possesses the stone of God thanks to his foolishness.

This time, the blessing is not a combat ability but it was a crucial thing to have before she started her next plan.

Stone of Argus, the blessing of this God is the ability to see the other's strength and potential in the numeric display, Appraisal skill.

The reason behind the sudden rapid growth of this assassin guild and enslave more powerful Rogue class awakeners then dismissed those who were deemed to be worthless, that's because this stupid man could read other's status like a display window.

"How dare you to call my Master like that"

Lucy's scythe is touching his neck but stopped by Grizel before going deeper.

"He is my prey, I need him alive to get his ability"

Lucy took back her ancient scythe but not her killing aura, this is the first time she wants to kill someone without any order, just like Grizel taught her before, she is free to do what she wants to her enemies, though unfortunately, the fate of the man in front of them is sealed.

"Y-yeah! you won't get my power if you kill me"

He started to feel his last chance to live, the blessing of God will be disappeared if the host is killed, it couldn't be passed down once absorbed by a living being.

The power he accidentally absorbed after touching a mysterious gemstone 4 months ago is not a small issue, it was a national treasure, after learning the bloodshed history of the stone of Gods, with his ability he started to buy hidden good slaves then take over the crescent moon guild to gather more powerful slaves.

"H-how if we work together?"

The guild master started to get cocky as he was sure they are here to seize his power, unfortunately, the blessing couldn't be taken from him, and he couldn't be killed if they want his power.

Numerous plans started to come into his mind, He could take advantage of the little girl's monstrous strength to gain more slaves and become the master of the powerful people even if he is not an awakener himself.

Later, he just has to secretly eliminate this little monster when her guard is down.

Grizel sapphire eyes glance at him coldly, the greed on his face reflected on her oceanic pupils.

"Ha! A mere prey dared to talk back"

She gripped his neck as lifting him from the kneeling position, the grip was strong enough to damage his throat.

"Yo... won't... get... Anythi... killing me"

He said while struggling to escape her powerful grip with his hands.