Chapter: 80

Previously:

Judas de Cassius was crucified and executed by Grizel and her gang who are disguising as a mysterious group at the Western border, while framing the rebels as the scapegoats, Judas's death was broadcasted across the country and shocked everyone, now the rebels faction officially became the public enemy of the whole nation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ۩۞۩ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

This morning everyone is in turmoil, the words of Judas's death spread like unstoppable floods, even so, not a few people are doubting the news as well despite the huge number of witnesses who had watched the execution.

Besides the absurdity of the story, one of the reasons why some people do not fully trust that information is because the Empire didn't make an official announcement regarding this matter yet, which means that the information is still considered dubious.

"I heard a group of Imperial Guard was dispatched to the Western border to check the validity of the information"

Murmur...
Murmur...

Most of all the talks in town were discussing this incident, even those who have been indifferent towards the Empire's affairs couldn't let it slide like they always did because the scale of the incident this time is not a joke and has the potential to lead them to a civil war against the rebellions, no matter what, they are still part of this Empire's citizens, their lives depend on the Emperor's decision.

"Yeah, I witnessed them raiding horses through the gate before the dawn and leaving the capital city in a rush"

A muscular man added, he was working on the bar last night and also one of the witnesses who see everything from the very beginning.

"I saw them too, it was chaotic"

"Huu, I feel like I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully for the next few days"

The image of the burning crucified Judas can't be easily removed from their head, because that horrifying scene can be happening to them as well.

"I hope they could confirm the truth as soon as possible"

"Aaah would it be our first war after centuries of peace?"

"I'm not ready for that"

"Same dude, no one hopes for a war"

This incident seemed to affect the people of the Empire greatly, not only the Central Region, but the other parts of the empire are quite messy as well because of the unexpected news about Judas, especially the Southern region of Azure where the territory of Judas Cassius is.

The servants who served the ruling family of this wealthy region are frantic with worried because the mistress of Cassius's Castle collapsed last night due to the shock, as the wife of the Lord, she was already burdened by the storms of trouble caused by her husband's disappearance, yet she only found Judas's whereabouts when he was dying, leaving his physically-and-mentally exhausted wife.

Lately, the Goddess of fortune seemed to turn her back on this affluent family, problems come one after another endlessly, the chains of misfortune started when the Lord mysteriously disappeared in one night without a single trace.

But as if it wasn't enough, an unexpected tsunami destroyed their precious cash cow, which is the valuable Port, thanks to it, some financial crisis arose within the territory, the poor management, as well as the corrupt officials, know nothing but to make it even worst.

All the scheduled trading was postponed, the flow of business in this biggest trading town is in a whole mess, the price skyrocketed due to unbalanced supply and demand caused by the traffic jams in the delivery of goods, to make it worst, the bad merchants are taking advantage of the situation to gain more benefit, and now amidst this chaos, the Cassius family stumbled upon another hard rock, the missing Lord might have been executed by the Rebels faction.