Chapter: 17

Swish!
Slash!

Grizel swings her twin daggers to slash the air, it was the quietest yet deadliest attack. She spins the daggers in her hands as if toying with drumsticks.

She is trying to adjust her new weapons because she found the dual tattoo on her wrist is very convenient, the daggers will appear on her palm directly anytime she wishes for weapons without any command, it's perfect for a surprise attack.

"I am done playing with my new toys, now let me taste the main dish"

Grizel grinned happily, she takes out a white crystal-like stone from her storage, it was the Stone of God placed with the twin daggers.

'Master, please wait'

It was Athena's voice who tried to stop Grizel from absorbing the Stone of God.

'What is it?'

'Stone of God contains a powerful blessing, thus, a person can not absorb more than 1 stone because the blessings will clash with each other within the body and...'

'...and?'

Grizel tilted her head in confusion, this is her first Stone of God but why is Athena explaining the risk of absorbing more than one stone.

'the body will blow up and kaboom'

Grizel startled by the kaboom sound, it's good that Athena has explained it in advance, therefore, she can prevent such a dangerous kaboom situation.

'Oh, one more thing that I forgot to tell you, Master'

Athena added casually as if she was forgotten something trivial.

'I forgot to say that my original name is Stone of Athena, and my blessing is knowledge, hehe'

'HUH?!! What the...'

Grizel is trying to quell her boiling rage, because of the stupid Athena, she was almost kaboom, yes, kaboom, for some reason, that kaboom sound said by Athena earlier is repeating like a broken record in her head and won't go away.

If only Athena has a physical body, the thought of a gore scene is unavoidable.

'I don't remember absorbing you, tell me more about this'

Grizel said inwardly, her annoyance with the kaboom sound is not fully erased, but she needs to interrogate this Athena.

'Of course, you have no memory of me, because instead of absorbed, I was planted in you to be your guide since the beginning'

'And who was it? The one who planted you into me'

Grizel asked in suspicion, her tone changed to a sharp intimidating voice.

'I don't know, Master. The moment I gain my consciousness, I've been fully planted in you with a purpose to be your guide and provide you with knowledge of this world'

Grizel lost in her train of thoughts, a lot of new questions suddenly pop into her head, but Athena keeps on talking.

'Oh yeah, besides the goal to be your guide and your source of knowledge, some kind of message also left to me in case you have found out my original name'

'Message?'

'Find the Stone of Osiris'

'Stone of Osiris? If I'm not mistaken, despite having an extremely beneficial blessing, this stone has the most ridiculous first appearance in the novel, in a few years later, this stone will be mistaken as a mere gemstone by a miner and appraised carelessly in the third-rated auction house then sold cheaply to a noble called... Hhmm?!'