Chapter 13

Chi Brooklyn Monroe

                                     {August 13, 2020}
                                           {Flash Back}

     I stand facing the busy street as car after car had gone by in just seconds. It seems that at night the whole world had come alive, it had been a different type of buzz as well. I wouldn't know because I always set myself on a strict time to be in the house, shower, and then in bed. If I have energy left I finish some parts of my articles.

" It was such a busy day today. I couldn't believe my eyes once I seen that at ten we still had more people coming in and checking out books." Brandi speaks as she comes over to me after finishing locking the place up. " Me too. I looked forward to finally going on break." I cringe at the thought of only having to wake up at seven in the morning to get ready for my classes tomorrow. " Not gone lie it was too many fine brothers. Hell if we wasn't at work a sista would have yk." Brandi said what she meant with her eyes and body language.

I laugh at her. " I wouldn't say I'll go that far."

Brandi waves me off. " Girl whatever you say." She giggling the keys in her hands.

" They have you on for tomorrow?" I shake my head, thankful.

" I told them I won't be able to make those crazy ass shifts their making me work anymore. I barely have time for school and that shit load of homework." Brandi goes over to stand on the wall. " I understand. So what did your secret admire say that's not really a secret anymore." I roll my eyes, standing against the pole. I didn't put too much weight on it. " He said he'll see what he could do." Brandi shoots heart eyes over towards me.

She takes both hands placing them in front of her before doing that little cartoon thing where their heart beats out of their chest. " Oh Mr. Roman will do any and everything for his precious sweet Chi." We both roar with laugh. Brandi doubles over and then recovers.

" He doesn't like me like that. Besides I'm pretty sure if you were to ask the same of him he'll do it." Brandi opens her mouth to speak expect my phone dings twice in my hands. " Mhum. I'm pretty sure that's him right now telling you that he's got everything fixed up for you." I wave her off. She leans off the wall, halting her bag on her shoulder more.

" I'll see you later girly." She gives me a hug, in which I return to her.

" I'll see you when I see you. Aye make sure you be safe. It's crazy people out here." I cringe for the fourth time today as I thought about all the ignorant shit I'd seen on television today. The news really enlightens us on what's really going on in the world. It's up to us to actually watch it and take it in.

" Always baby girl." Brandi waves bye to me. She turns around walking towards her car. I made sure that she'd gotten in safely inside, in which she does, putting her key inside the key hole. Her car comes to life and it wasn't long before she was peeling out of the parking lot. After she was out of eyesight I gave my phone attention.

Brandi had been right it was Roman telling me that he's figured out a new schedule for me.

Had she really been right on the fact of him taking a liking to me ? If so I didn't want to make him feel as though he had to do all these things for me that he wouldn't do for other employees. I prayed that Brandi had kept her mouth closed about something like this. If word had gotten around that Roman liked me and had done this for me ladies would really think something had been going on between us.

And that simply wasn't the case.

What if I rejected him ? Would he act like a manic.

I sigh.