Chapter 37

Chi Brooklyn Monroe

                            {November 8, 2021}

    After three months of not taking pictures of myself I had a brain fart of what exactly to do when I take pictures or when others take pictures of myself. I shield my face with my hand laughing behind them, Aaliyah joins in as well. " Chi it's perfectly fine. I get a bit self conscious when other take my pictures because I know what type of angles I like and would always go for." My hand slowly come down, with my attention focused on her. I seriously would have never thought then again that's me assuming that she has the good life because she's so beautiful.

I shake the nerves from my hands. " Ugh, it's not that." Aaliyah slow eases the phone down, letting it stand at her side. " Really ?" One of her eyebrows lift up. " Seriously." A nervous chuckle leaves my lips. I clear my throat before opening my mouth again. " I haven't take pictures in quiet a long time, it gives me that escape to not be on social media that much." Aaliyah nods.

" I completely understand Chi. Sometimes we ourselves do need a break from social to breathe for a moment, to get in the right head space and to also be relieved of stress that social media would lay upon us." Aaliyah holds up her right hands in surrender. " Girl you ain't doing nothing but preaching because I'm sure all of us had to go through a time period like that. It can be overwhelming trying to be this and be that and then the negativity." She rolls her eyes with a grunt following behind. I sat in my chair agreeing with her because that's how I felt.

Even though the positive outweigh the bad it still was like damn it's men, women, teenagers out here that have a fucked up mindset about things they couldn't possibly understand what the hell I was going through.

" I say keep doing you girl." Aaliyah waves her hand at me. " You owe nobody any explanation of why your doing this for that reason understand boo ?" I nod, knowing that when I took the chance to stop uploading, commenting, or even reacting to friends and family social media posts. It's as if I've come off the face of the earth.

" Would you like to see the pictures that turned out good ?"

" Yes!" Aaliyah holds the phone up to her, typing before coming to my side and shoving the phone into my hands excitedly. I giggle only knowing that she was too pump about the events that we're only minutes away of transpiring.

My mouth flys open at the two pictures I took a liking to. I glance up at Aaliyah in awe as she cheesed herself.

" These are good girl."

" Only the best for the best." She says snapping her fingers with a little len before laughing.

" You did your magic." My finger itch towards my hair feeling the bundles and the thickness of the hair. " This is the shit Aaliyah. You really came a long way. I remember almost stalking your Instagram page because your work on you and others were just so freaking bomb." Her eyebrows lift in thrill hearing those words shoot out my mouth. " You are truly talented. Trust me you don't understand how jelly I am that you whipped this magic up in just hours before you show casein."

Aaliyah did the gesture for period. " Well thank you so much for being my model."

" Your welcome." I stand up from my chair. Aaliyah rushes behind me taking the sheet off of me, folding it, and placing it neatly onto the vanity to the side of it.

" Honey you look wonderful."

" You do as well. I wish I had the body like yours, I want more ass." I turn slightly around gripping my nonexistent ass cheeks with Aaliyah shaking her head laughing. " Chi, you are something serious." She says between laughs. " Girl honestly. If I ever were to gain weight, in the right places I wouldn't know how to keep this body of mines private." We roar with laughter.