Chapter 24

Chi Brooklyn Monroe

                                    {August 3, 2021}

" I know baby. Your just hungry and frustrated that momma isn't moving fast enough to your liking ?" I laugh, while my hand rushes through my hair a bit stressed out.

Today is an actual first day for me being extremely alone with Treasure. My mother went on a friend date saying that she hasn't been out in a while and that I should try to do the same. That just because I was new to motherhood doesn't mean I still can't have a little fun. I laughed at the idea at the time but as I sit around here the thought of realization hits me that I haven't been out. Even before the day of me conception was even close.

The timer for the bottle heater rings. Quickly I grab and fix the cap tightly before making my way over towards a still screeching Treasure. Once the bottle enters her mouth she soon quiets down drinking greedily.

" Big girl. There you go. Yeah you just were hungry, say mommy I just was hungry that's all." Treasure's eyes become extremely low letting me know that after this bottle she will probably need a changing, with some taps to that booty for her to sleep or maybe she'll use time that she's sleeping to use that diaper up. Either way was fine by me.

My feet props up onto the little couch feeling so relaxed. The remote sat on the coffee table and with the way Treasure was set up if you missed with her feeding time baby she would give you hell. I damn sure wasn't gone do that.

Whatever tv show had come on I watched it faithfully since they haven't been as bad as I thought they were. I burped little miss treasure reigns with her choosing option number two of just waiting while she slept to put that good ole diaper to use. I finally got a chance to get some cleaning with the room and myself done as Treasure slept peacefully.

My phone rings just as soon as I put the pot underneath the sink from making my mop water. A low grunt come from me knowing that once I stop for a moment then I'll get tired and not want to do it anymore, plus this might be the only chance that I get since Treasure's semi stirring in her sleep. I decided to see who called to determined weather I should pick it up or not.

The caller id read my friend Brea. Wait maybe my eyes were playing with me. The call fails, but in seconds starts again. Treasure groans and in a hurry I made a decision.

" Chi!" Even with the five o'clock traffic in the back I still heard her loud, booming voice. " Brea, how you doing boo ?" I lean against the couch, semi playing with the mop. " I'm doing fine. I heard from a little birdie that you were back in town is that true ?"

" Yeah mean you heard from just about anyone who has an internet and tweets about me every chance they get." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. " Well they're right." Brea squeals on the other end. " Good. Are you free ?"

" Yeah. Why ? Wassup ?"

" I was wondering if you'd like to chill like old time ?" My mouth switches back and further in thought. Who was going to watch Treasure? My mom could possibly be coming in later and would she really wanna deal with a cranky baby ? That answer was a fifty fifty. " Er—"

" Nope! Don't give me that Chi. Besides we're just going out for drinks with Zack."

" Zack?!" I laugh immediately after. " He drinks ? He stepped out of his you know little comfort zone while I was gone. Brea what did you do to him ?" Brea roars with laughter. " Chi, that man is a fucking wild card! He's the one that offered me drinks one night and boy can he hold his fucking liquor. We almost did the do but he stopped me before I was ripping my shirt off.." I made a sour face since I kind of took a liking to Zack the last minute meaning three months into my pregnancy. I thought it'll be selfish of me to him like that with him not knowing what type of world he would enter. " Hello Chi you listening ?"