[42] The King

Izumi: ⚠️ FROM HERE ONWARDS, IT CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS ⚠️

I just realized i missed the 1 year anniversary for this story

1 year??? Happy 1 year anniversary to this story i published out of impulse and as a distraction for my intern because i was stressed and anxious????

i wanted to make the p*rnstar AU as a 169k reads special but i just realized its already so close wth. so i gave up lol. i think its a sign that i should NOT make it

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Both teams are stacked with players invited to the Japan World Team, so we can expect one heck of a game. Three back-to-back classes in particular stand out as chock-full of big name players, from Kageyama to Bokuto. It's no wonder that some people have nicknamed them the monster generation."

"Now, let's introduce both teams' starting lineups."

On with Chapter 42:

3RD PERSON POV

The players from both teams were then introduced to the crowd as they threw signed mini-volleyballs to the audience as a souvenir. Even the coaches had their own volleyballs to throw.

The two former managers were chatting when Amako saw something flying towards them in her peripherals. She immediately stopped talking and braced to get hit. When a second passed with her still being fine, she opened her eyes and saw a (s/c) hand gripping onto the volleyball.

Looking down at the court, they saw the setter for MSBY Black Jackals apologize to them for almost hitting them by clapping his hands together and bowing his head slightly. A thumbs up and thumbs down was shown to ask if they were fine. A quick thumbs up from (Y/n) was shown to the blonde and he nodded before heading back to his team.

"Today's game is finally ready to begin, with Hinata's former teammate and now opponent Kageyama up to serve." Kageyama went to the back of the court with the ball. "I'm sure the recent world tournament is fresh in the Black Jackals' minds, when Kageyama ripped off five service aces in a row against France. Will they be able to fend him off first thing?"

The referee blew the whistle to signal the start of the serve.

Kageyama threw the ball up and jumped to spike it hard. The ball flew through the air dangerously quick, as if one's arms would break if they were to receive that. It also traveled so quick that it looked as if no one would be able to receive it, but thankfully Hinata managed to receive it with his quick reaction.

"Kageyama's serve put the French National Team on the ropes...but Hinata Shoyo bumps it cleanly on the first try!" The ball was passed to Atsumu who tossed the ball up.

"Hm? Ooh. Miya Atsumu got a beautiful pass off the serve..but he chose not to use a quick set or a combo play?"

As the ball went up, an orange-haired figure followed it closely, shocking a lot of the spectators if not all, before spiking it down to the corner of the court.

'Man, I haven't seen that spike in so long.. Did his jump get higher?' (Y/n) reminisced about her highschool days as if it was yesterday.

B J - ADLERS

1 - 0

"Wow..! The first point of the game goes to Hinata Shoyo in his debut game!"

"From beginning to end, that rally was all Hinata Shoyo! First he made a spectacular bump, then he made a spectacular score off of it!"

It was then Atsumu's turn to serve.