[15] Practice Match

Izumi: oikawa (27) is making me cry frfr

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

When the two finally reached the gym, they were met with a slightly annoyed manager. They cowered away from (Y/n), knowing what she would do, but they couldn't escape from the smack of her notebook.

"What took you so long??"

On with Chapter 15:

3RD PERSON POV

"The practice match between Karasuno Highschool and Aoba Johsai Highschool will now begin!"

"Thank you for the game!" Both teams shouted as they stood at their ends of the court.

Seijoh's team consisted of Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, Watari, Hanamaki, Yahaba, Kunimi, and Kindaichi.

"That midget is a middle blocker?" Kindaichi said, referring to Hinata who was still looking very nervous. "What are they thinking?"

"Woah, it is Kageyama!" Iwaizumi said. "What's he doing at Karasuno?" he asked no one in particular, but Yahaba answered anyways, "Who knows.."

Meanwhile, Karasuno's team consisted of the small number of members they had, Daichi, Tanaka, Tsukishima, Kageyama, Ennoshita, and Hinata.

Daichi was trying to calm Hinata down, Tanaka was trying to intimidate Seijoh, and Tsukishima was bored. Meanwhile Ennoshita was suffering silently.

"Nice serve, Matsukawa!" Iwaizumi shouted as Matsukawa served first.

The ball went over to the other court and towards Daichi. He was about to receive the ball when Hinata came out of nowhere and received the ball instead, but badly. It bounced off his arms and out of the court, but thankfully Ennoshita was able to cover it before it hit the floor.

Tanaka got the last hit and spiked the ball, but it got blocked by Kindaichi, who became smug as he said "And that's the first point."

Daichi continued trying to calm Hinata down but it clearly wasn't working.

As the game went on, Hinata just made more and more mistakes as he (1) knocked into Tanaka, (2) fell in front of Kageyama while trying to receive, and (3) ran into the referee's stand. {i think thats what its called idk} "Hinata!" Daichi exclaimed when Hinata ran into the stand.

"Sensei!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she took the first aid kit out and ran to the teacher. Fortunately, his injury wasn't that serious but he was still given an ice pack to reduce the bruise he got from falling.

Kageyama was about to murder the middle blocker but Ennoshita held him back.

...

Seijoh touched the net so Karasuno got the point instead. It was 24-13 with Seijoh in the lead and it was also Karasuno's turn to serve. Daichi was about to encourage the team when he noticed the one serving was Hinata, who looked even more nervous than before. The atmosphere suddenly got more tense as the team got worried.

As the middle blocker was thinking about trying to not mess up the serve, the referee blew the whistle. He got shocked and just threw the ball up and hit it badly, very badly. The ball wasn't thrown high enough and not enough strength wasn't put into hitting the ball, causing it to travel in a straight line and hit Kageyama on the back of his head.

"ACK-!"

Everyone was silent. Everyone was shocked. But the whistle was blown to signal that it was Seijoh's point anyways, and that they had won the first set. The two teams lined up at their ends of the court and bowed to each other before resting for the next set.

When Seijoh got to their bench, they saw (Y/n) hiding her face with her notebook. They could see her whole body quivering as she tried to hold her laughter in. Amako covered her mouth with her hand as she too tried to hold in her laughter.

Meanwhile, Karasuno was a mess as Tsukishima and Tanaka were still laughing at Kageyama, Hinata still feeling embarrassed, Kageyama had his head down, and Daichi was trying to calm everyone down.

(Y/n) and Amako had to force themselves to calm down so that they could hand the players their water bottles and towels, but one could see their lips were tight against their face as they were still trying to not laugh. The coaches noticed but they didn't bother scolding them since they had let out a small chuckle earlier on.

"Stop holding your laugh in. You look stupid." Iwaizumi said as he took the water bottle from the 3rd year manager before drinking it.

"Shut up, Hajime."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: this chapter *slams table* TRASH !

i didnt have any ideas on what (y/n) should do in this chapter sorry guys. hopefully there would be more in the next chapter!

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※