[14] Flightless Crows

Izumi: i looked through the manga to think of this chapter but i ended up reading the karasuno vs seijoh matches and taking a bunch of screenshots

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"sigh..." (Y/n)'s sigh caught the juniors' attention. The corner of her lips then lifted to form a small smile.

"I love those idiots."

On with Chapter 14:

3RD PERSON POV

"Where are they?" (Y/n) said to herself as she was walking around the school. The practice match with Karasuno was about to start and two of her juniors, Kindaichi and Yahaba, were missing. She took the responsibility to find them.

As (Y/n) was walking around the school buildings, she heard someone shouting. "You guys! I can't let you out of my sight."

She got closer to where she heard the shouting and saw the juniors she was looking for, standing in front of the people they were supposed to be practicing against.

"Yutaro! Shigeru!" she called as she jogged closer. Kageyama's eyes widened when he heard the familiar voice. "Don't run off like that!" she got closer to the two. "Next time, at least tell someone where you're going, okay?" she said. "Y-Yes.. Sorry, (Y/n)-senpai." "Sorry..."

The manager glanced at the other group to see 5 people looking at her. 'Wasn't there one more person? Where did he go?' She looked at each of their faces and recognized the last one. "Ah, Tobio!" she exclaimed and gave a wave. "Nice to see you again!"

"N-Nice to see you too, (L/n)-senpai." "What did I tell you!" she scolded. "You can use my first name! "(Y-/n)-sen-pai" !" "Sorry, (Y-Y/n)-senpai..." he muttered. (Y/n) smiled proudly.

"Um.. you know Kageyama?" She looked towards who was talking and noticed that it was the one that was shouting earlier. "Yeah, he's my junior from middle school. I'm (L/n) (Y/n), a third year and the Seijoh's Boys' Volleyball manager." she introduced herself.

"Ah, I'm Sawamura Daichi, also a third year and Karasuno's captain." he introduced himself. "Well, we'll see you later!" (Y/n) said as she pushed Kindaichi and Yahaba away and towards the gym.

"...Kageyama, can you introduce me to her?" Tanaka asked the setter.

...

When Karasuno finally reached the gym, they stared in awe at the players practicing among themselves, from peppering the ball, to running around the gym, to spiking. A lot of things were happening at once.

Although, the trio from earlier were still not here yet. (Y/n) would have pushed them all the way here, but she just realized that she left her notebook in the clubroom, so she left the two unsupervised and went to retrieve her notebook instead.

"H-Huge." Hinata stuttered. "The gym. The people."

However, she managed to come back just in time for the teams to greet each other. "Nice to meet you. (Onegaishimasu)" Both teams shouted as they greeted each other.

"They have 2 cute managers??" Tanaka exclaimed only loud enough for his team to hear, but was ignored.

"Aoba Johsai is known for each of its members being highly skilled equally in offence and defense." Daichi informed the team. "These guys could go to any school and become the ace." "Their powerful blocks are famous." Sugawara added.

"What's the matter, you two? Hinata's here to throw them for a loop, right?" Tanaka tried to reassure, but it clearly wasn't helping. 

He then turned towards Hinata. "We know you're lousy, so we'll cover you. Leave it to us." Surprisingly, it calmed Hinata down, until he added more to his sentence. "Ah, but when you hit a serve, you're on your own. You'd better not miss." he said before laughing.

"Just kidding, just kidding. A missed serve is no big deal. You don't have to worry about a thing, just give them your..." his words trailed off when he noticed Hinata was suddenly gone. "Where did Hinata go?"

"He went to the toilet."

M E A N W H I L E

"Ah, Amako."

"Hm?"

"Are Yutaro and Shigeru not here yet?"

"Ah, no. They're still gone."

A vein popped on (Y/n)'s head.

...

When Kindaichi and Yahaba finally came back..

When the two finally reached the gym, they were met with a slightly annoyed manager. They cowered away from (Y/n), knowing what she would do, but they couldn't escape from the smack of her notebook.

"What took you so long??"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: me: *currently writing about seijoh vs karasuno's first practice match*

also me: i know what y/n is gonna do in like 7 years

practice match is in the next chapter!

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※