[26] Karasuno

Izumi: JOJO PART 6 BROKE ME SO HERES AN UPDATE WHILE I RECOVER FROM EMPTY HEADEDNESS

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"Ah, this is our first year manager, Takahashi Amako." (Y/n) helped to introduce the awkward girl, who bowed her head as a greeting.

The Shiratorizawa members then introduced themselves. Amako did her best to at least remember their last names, until she reached the last guy. Her mind suddenly went blank when she saw him. 'He's so...cute.' she thought.

Meanwhile, the other guy was thinking the same about her.

"A-Ah! I'm Goshiki Tsutomu, first year! Nice to meet you!" he immediately went into a bow. "N-Nice to meet you!" Amako stuttered. Without her knowing, a blush creepy back onto her face.

Meanwhile, (Y/n)'s eyebrows raised and her eyes widened upon realization. "Oh?"

On with Chapter 26:

3RD PERSON POV

It was the second day of Inter-High and the team was back at the stadium. They were now preparing for their match against Karasuno by starting with warmups first.

Oikawa and Daichi went to the side of the court and shook hands. "Onegaishimasu." The referee beside them then flipped a coin.

Winning the coin flip, Karasuno decided that they would warm up first. Meanwhile, Seijoh took this time to calm their nerves. "Hey, Tooru." (Y/n) called over the captain, who walked over to her before she brought his head closer to her and whispered into his ear. 

Seeing from afar, you could see Oikawa raising an eyebrow and nodding at whatever the manager was saying to him while giving some comments in between.

...

"Oikawa-kun! Do your best!"

"Oikawa-senpai! Do your best!"

"Oh god, the fangirls are here." (Y/n) muttered under her breath and Amako chuckled at the comment. Guess after all these years of being the manager, she still wasn't used to Oikawa's fangirls in general.

A few minutes later, it was finally Seijoh's turn to warm up. Oikawa positioned himself in front of the net to set to the players to practice their spiking.

The first player to spike was Hanamaki.

"Nice, Makki. Super sharp." Oikawa complimented. "Mhm."

Then it was Kindaichi's turn.

"Sorry, Kindaichi. That one was a little high." "Uh, no...yes!"

Then, it was Iwaizumi's turn.

"Iwa-chan, you sure you're not trying too hard? You don't have to try and show off. None of the girls will be looking at you anyway."

While Iwaizumi was getting held back by Kindachi from hitting Oikawa, (Y/n) and Amako had a small chat between each other while ignoring the chaos happening right in front of them. "Do you want to try to be on the court this time? We can take turns." the third year offered to her junior.

She knew Amako already has experience being on the court as a manager since middle school, but this time it was a different team that she had to learn to warm up to. Amako took a few seconds to think about it, and ended up agreeing to it.

With about a minute left, (Y/n) quickly showed the notes she had on Karasuno in her notebook for Amako to copy into her own book messily before the referee blew the whistle to signal the end of warm ups and that the match will begin soon.

"Good luck." (Y/n) wished all the members through high fives, fist bumps, pats on the backs and even head pats before heading to the spectator stands with the cheer team.

"Ah, (Y/n)!" a third year volleyball member, Yuda Kaneo, called when he noticed the manager making her way towards them. (Y/n) waved back. "Yo."

"What made you decide to come here instead of staying down there?" another third year asked the (h/c-ette). "I'm taking turns with the other manager. I don't want her to always stay in the stands until I graduate, y'know?" she explained.

Not long after, both teams on court lined up at the ends of the court and bowed. "Onegaishimasu!"

Meanwhile on the court, after a short last minute speech by the coaches, Coach Irihata turned to the manager standing beside him. "Do you have anything to add, Takahashi?" Amako jumped when she was called so suddenly. She clearly didn't expect that she had to say something to the team before they play.

"Eh?! Uh, uhm.." she racked her (two) brain(cells) to find the right words to say. "Good luck, everyone! I believe you can do it!" she exclaimed a little too loudly than intended, and hid her red face immediately after that with the notebook in her hand.

The team said nothing as they stared at her for a few seconds before a smile or grin appeared on their faces. All of them proceeded to walk onto the court, not before patting Amako either on the shoulder or the head as a thanks for the encouragement.

"All right. Let's do this. Now then, as usual," Oikawa was leading the team to the court before stopping and turning back to them, "I believe in all of you." he said before turning back and went back to leading.

Despite being with the team for almost 3 years, the change in atmosphere whenever Oikawa says that phrase never fails to give (Y/n) the chills, even when she's standing in the stands.

"The one line he always says before a match." (Y/n) said mostly to herself, but the third years cheering beside her listened to her anyway, "When he says it, it almost sounds like a joke, and yet it almost sounds like a threat."

"However, because everyone knows that, there is no underlying meaning behind those words, they can all trust in him to the utmost."

"Let's go!" Oikawa cheered and the team followed. "Yeah!"

...

Tweet!

The whistle blew to signal the player that he is able to serve, that player being Tsukishima.

He served the ball over and Kunimi received it. "Nice receive."

Oikawa went under the ball to supposedly set it, but instead, he dumped the ball over by spiking it. It irked Karasuno and even his own manager. "What a b*tch.." (Y/n) muttered under her breath when she witnessed him do that.

"Come on, come on. I'll be doing the same thing again. Don't stand there so out of it. Pay attention." Oikawa said to provoke the opponents, which actually worked.

In the next rally, Oikawa got under the ball and jumped to dump the ball once again, but changed his form the last second into a setting position and set the ball to Iwaizumi, who spiked it over.

"..." (Y/n)'s thought didn't change.

=================

extra info:

- i am conflicted with who amako will end up with. What if i just make her single 👁👄👁

- tbh all the hate towards kindaichi in the "meet the first years" chapter scare me

- amako has admitted that she has two (2) braincells

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i got my yaku nendoroid and hes very adorable

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※