[16] Practice Match II

Izumi: ❗❗ please read the authors note below!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

(Y/n) and Amako had to force themselves to calm down so that they could hand the players their water bottles and towels, but one could see their lips were tight against their face as they were still trying to not laugh. The coaches noticed but they didn't bother scolding since they had let out a small chuckle.

"Stop holding your laugh in. You look stupid." Iwaizumi said as he took the water bottle from the 3rd year manager before drinking it.

"Shut up, Hajime."

On with Chapter 16:

3RD PERSON POV

A few minutes later, the break ended and the players headed back to the court after passing the towels and water bottles back to their respective managers. "Good luck out there!" Amako cheered. (Y/n) cheered for the third years by giving them fist bumps. "Do your best out there." she said before getting her hair obnoxiously ruffled.

"Of course we will."

At the same time, Aoba Johsai students started to gather on the second floor of the gym to spectate. "Set 2 wil now begin!"

When standing on the court, Kindaichi noticed that he was standing opposite of Hinata who was across the net. "Hey, teach me that head-shot serve of yours sometime!" he said, which caused Hinata to be embarrassed. "Ooh! Me too! Me too!" Tsukishima joined in on the teasing.

...

Yahaba set the ball to Kunimi spiked it towards Tsukishima who received it, but it wasn't passed that nicely. Kageyama fortunately was able to cover and set it. Meanwhile, Hinata started running from one side of the court to the other before jumping high. This shocked the two coaches and managers.

But he missed the quick.

"Hinata." Kageyama called and Hinata got scared since he thought he was going to get scolded. "My bad. That toss was high." he said, and that caused his old teammates to be shocked. Amako couldn't hear it from where they were standing, but she understood Kageyama's actions and expression that showed that he was sorry. "Kageyama apologized??" she softly exclaimed.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) noticed something. "Hmm?" she hummed.

Hanamki went to the back to serve. The ball went over to Karasuno's court and was received by Ennoshita towards Kageyama. Tanaka called for the ball and got everyone's attention while Hinata had already started running. Although, someone did not fall for the distraction made by Tanaka.

Kageyama then set the ball to Hinata who had already jumped in front of the net. He swung his arm down and the ball landed on Seijoh's court. Seijoh was surprised by the spike and Karasuno was cheering. "Oh?" (Y/n) said as she had confirmed her suspicions. She then went towards the coaches and informed them about it.

While she was sharing the information she had just gotten, the Seijoh students were amazed.

"Woahhh."

"Did you see that? That was fast."

The point got Karasuno hyped up and determined to win.

...

The score right now is 10-9 with Karasuno leading.

Tanaka spiked the ball and it went past Yahaba and Kindaichi didn't manage to receive it. "How do you like me now, Turnip-kun?! I told you we'd get you in the match!" Tanaka exclaimed probably loud enough for everyone in the gym to hear.

(Y/n) stopped her note taking to think about what she just heard. " "Turnip-kun"? " she repeated. Amako let out a small laugh.

That comment got Kindaichi annoyed but Iwaizumi managed to calm and reassure him to just continue doing his best.

...

As the game went on, Karasuno began catching up with Seijoh, causing them to slightly panic, until Hinata got hit in the face with the ball.

A timeout was called and the team took this opportunity to relax and drink some water.

(Y/n) and Amako quickly passed out the towels and water bottles to the respective players since they only had a few minutes to rest. "Hey, Kindaichi. Kageyama isn't like what you said." Yahaba pointed out.

"I wasn't expecting that, either." Kindaichi responded. "I can't believe there's a spiker who can sync with his reckless tosses."

"I don't think so." both Coach Irihata and (Y/n) at the same time. They looked at each other and Coach Irihata signalled (Y/n) to take the lead to explain to them. "Anyways, the orange hair boy, #5, he isn't looking at the ball at all." she said. "His eyes are closed."

"What do you mean, (Y/n)-senpai?" Kindaichi asked. "We think that Kageyama pinpoint tossed the ball directly to where he was about to swing." Coach Irihata explained. "Is that kind of thing possible?" Iwaizumi asked before drinking his water. "Kageyama? Matching with someone else?" Kindaichi asked no one in particular while looking at Kunimi with shock.

Coach Irihata continued, "That can only mean that #5 has the ability to make that self-centered and prideful Kageyama do what he's been doing. What's amazing is that he jumps believing in Kageyama 100%. He believes that's where the ball will come. If they get past your block, receive solidly. You're all the best members of our team. Show your pride."

Right on time, the whistle blew to signal that it was the end of the timeout.

"Do your best, Seijoh!" (Y/n) and Amako cheered.

"Yeah!" the team gave a cry before going back to court.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi:

❗❗ hi! I got inspired by other haikyuu manager reader stories and came to the conclusion that y/n should probably have a CRUSH (probably not a boyfriend/husband, who knows). SO HELP ME VOTE! LINK IS IN MY PROFILE! Closes by end of November. Thanks! ❗❗

edit: ^ nov 2020, so voting has ended.

Also sorry for the bad chapter, i watched the KNY movie a couple of days ago and it made me not have the mood for anything aha :') and i rushed this the day before update day. Yes im still not over it even when i read the manga before the movie.

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※