[17] He's back

Izumi: some of yall really voted for the same character multiple times. i really thought it was a coincidence multiple people voted for the same character at the same time until i looked at the timestamps lol

voting closed btw

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Coach Irihata continued, "That can only mean that #5 has the ability to make that self-centered and prideful Kageyama do what he's been doing. What's amazing is that he jumps believing in Kageyama 100%. He believes that's where the ball will come. If they get past your block, receive solidly. You're all the best members of our team. Show your pride."

Right on time, the whistle blew to signal that it was the end of the timeout.

"Do your best, Seijoh!" (Y/n) and Amako cheered.

"Yeah!" the team gave a cry before going back to court.

On with Chapter 17:

3RD PERSON POV

After the team went back to court, Coach Irihata went back to sitting down on the bench while the other 3 continued standing by him.

"Kageyama is amazing. It's a shame we couldn't have him on our team." Coach Mizoguchi said. "He did get invited, didn't he?" he asked as he looked towards (Y/n), but got answered by Coach Irihata instead.

"Yeah, but even if Kageyama did come to our team, that doesn't mean he would've played like that." Coach Mizoguchi didn't understand. "Maybe Kageyama is how he is now because of Karasuno, and because of #5 (Hinata)." Coach Irihata explained.

"Also," (Y/n) butted in, "he might not have gotten along well with the other first years, especially Yutaro and Akira." she commented while glancing at Amako.

...

As the match went on, both teams were still doing their best to win the set and not let the ball drop on their side.

Iwaizumi ran up to the net and jumped as Yahaba set to him. He was about to swing his arm down when he suddenly got intimidated by Karasuno's blockers, not from how scary they were towards him but instead towards each other.. (Kageyama & Tsukishima). His form faltered and when he spiked the ball, it got blocked.

The ball went towards Seijoh's court and went between Watari and Kunimi. Despite the ball being closer to the latter, he didn't move to receive it. Watari dived to try and receive it but he wasn't fast enough.

Karasuno was now at set point with the score being 24-22.

"Crap, now I'm starting to worry." Iwaizumi said.

"Kunimi! You should have covered that, you slacker!" Coach Mizoguchi scolded the first year. "We have to stop #5 somehow." he said mostly to the other coach who looked just as frustrated.

"True, the combo of #5 and Kageyama is formidable." he said. "But then again, though he has no calm, that spiker, Tanaka-kun, is an overwhelming force.

Then there's that somewhat uninspired but clever blocker, Tsukishima-kun.

And the captain, Sawamura-kun, who covers all his team's holes. There are those who are inexperienced, and their defence is full of holes, but their offense is freely flexible, and makes full use of the inexperienced.

They made a fool of us..." he said as Karasuno scored the final point to win the second set.

"So this is Karasuno. They are a patchwork and are inconsistent. But ultimately... they are an interesting team."

...

"It's okay. There's still the third set." (Y/n) encouraged as she and Amako passed the water bottles and towels around to the team.

"(Y/n)..I'm tired. Help me." Hanamaki groaned as he draped himself onto the manager, resting his head on hers. "Hiro, you're heavy. Get off.." she said as she tried to hand out the remaining water bottles while trying to get Hanamaki off of her.

"Heeeeyy, I'm tired toooo." Matsukawa said as he draped himself on top of Hanamaki, adding the weight on top of their friend. "Noooo, get..off!" (Y/n) tried to escape from underneath them, but Hanamaki wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from leaving. "Go away! You're sweaty!" "But if you leave then we'll fall." "Then fall!"

Suddenly, the girls in the gym, besides the managers, started squealing. "Oikawa-san~!"

The three of them stopped fooling around and everyone looked at the person who just walked in.

"Aha! You're back." Coach Irihata greeted. "How's the ankle?"

"Solid! I'm good for regular practice now. It was just a light sprain after all." Oikawa replied while showing an "okay" sign with his hand.

"Sheesh. Be more careful in the future, okay?"

"I will, coach. Sorry."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i think im updating this story every 2 weeks. i want to focus on completing the oneshot book first. sorry guys pls be patient ty

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※