[4] The Volleyball Club

Izumi: do you ever look at mattsun's body proportions( ^ ) and go 😳 and/or *chefs kiss* ? because i proudly do

I NEED TO STOP POSTING OUT OF THE SCHEDULE SJEJWJEK BUT I MISS THEM PART 482992

also thank u for 1k reads already thats so fast 🥺

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

As she tried to make her way through the crowd, she accidentally knocked into someone. Looking up, she saw noticed that she knocked into someone tall and with messy black hair. The said person looked back when he felt the impact.

"Ah, are you okay?" he asked the girl, who nodded in response, before leaving to join his light brown haired friend.

"Are you okay, (N/n)?" Oikawa asked his friend when he finally caught up with her. (Y/n) just nodded at his question as well. They then continued their way to the Boys' Volleyball Club booth to sign up. To say the current members of the club were delighted when they saw (Y/n) signing up as a manager was an understatement.

Apparently, trials are going to be held the next week on Wednesday after school, and also that is when they will meet their two new friends.

On with Chapter 4:

3RD PERSON POV

Wednesday, after school @ Aoba Johsai's gym

(Y/n), Iwaizumi, and Oikawa were standing in one of Aoba Johsai's gym, waiting for their first volleyball training to start. They already changed into their gym clothes before coming to the gym. (Y/n) decided to stay in her school uniform since she didn't want to wear those short shorts in front of all these guys.

While waiting, (Y/n) was looking around the gym to see if she recognized anyone from her class.

Instead, she saw the tall black haired guy and his light brown haired friend from the week before.

Since all they were doing were just standing around awkwardly while waiting for the coaches, (Y/n) decided to make some friends.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi saw their best friend walk away. Because they too are socially awkward, they decided to follow (Y/n) to wherever she was going. Also to protect her from this wolf's den of course.

Once (Y/n) reached the two, she finally realized how tall they were compared to her. <i am basing it off of my height, 158cm (5'2)>. After snapping out of her short trance of admiring their height, she tapped on the closer one's arm, that being the black haired guy.

He looked back to see this (h/c) girl looking up at him with a friendly smile and can't help blushing a little. "Ah, you're the girl from last week." he said. "Do you need something?" at this point, his light brown haired friend noticed the girl and recognized her too.

"Ah, no not really. I just wanted to introduce myself properly since our first encounter was odd." she explained "Hi, I'm (L/n) (Y/n) and I'm in class 1-5."

" "(L/n)?"? As in the athlete? " his friend asked "Ah, I'm sorry. I'm Hanamaki Takahiro from class 1-3."

"I'm Matsukawa Issei from class 1-1. Nice to meet you."

"(N/n)! You know how dangerous talking to boys are!" Oikawa exclaimed as he quickly walked to (Y/n)'s side.

"I talk to you.." (Y/n) replied. "But I'm not dangerous!" Oikawa retorted. (Y/n) then looked back to the two other first years.

"Sorry about that, and yes, I am the daughter of (Parent-name)." (Y/n) answered Hanamaki's earlier question as Iwaizumi finally reached (Y/n)'s other side.

"Who are these guys anyways?" Oikawa tried to intimidate the other two guys, who were slightly taller than him.

The four of them introduced themselves to each other.

They found out that neither of them, except for (Y/n) and Iwaizumi, are in the same class, but they do plan to have lunch together, thanks to (Y/n) who wanted to make more friends.

Once they were done introducing themselves, no one brought up a topic so the five of them just stood there in awkward silence.

Thankfully, the coaches finally arrived not long after.

"Good afternoon everyone. I am Coach Irihata, the head coach of Aoba Johsai, and this is Coach Mizoguchi, the other coach. We look forward to teaching you." Coach Irihata introduced himself and Coach Mizoguchi to the first years who then greeted back.

Everyone then stood in a line to introduce themselves and also state their position of they have played volleyball before in middle school.

Since (Y/n)'s group was near the end of the line, the coaches only noticed her presence later on.

"Oh? Are you applying to be the manager?" Coach Mizoguchi asked and (Y/n) nodded in response.

"I am (L/n) (Y/n) from class 1-5 and I want to apply as the manager. I was the manager for Kitagawa Daiichi's Boys' Volleyball Club in middle school." she introduced herself. "And yes I am the daughter of the athlete (L/n)." she added once she saw the coaches' eyes widened at her name.

After the introductions, (Y/n) was brought around the gym by Coach Mizoguchi to show her where all the stuff were, where the closest water fountain is, and such.

That was her beginning of being Aoba Johsai's (precious) manager.

==T I M E  S K I P==

Months has passed and it was already in the middle of the first year.

Oikawa ended up caling Matsukawa "Mattsun" and Hanamaki "Makki" because their last names were too long and they were still not close enough to be called by their first names.

The names ended up getting used by the 5 of you instead of just Oikawa. (mostly used by (Y/n) and Oikawa)

Despite getting to know and getting closer to the entire club, the 5 of you ended up being the closest to each other. You all just clicked and boom, a new friendship was born.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: i think im gonna include a couple of scenarios during first year before moving to the second

WAIT THE STORY IS NOT TOO FAST PACED RIGHT? IS IT? TELL ME?

calling all seijoh enthusiasts, i need confirmation. does iwaizumi, hanamaki, and matsukawa use "makki" and "mattsun" or is it just oikawa?

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※