[2] Meet the First Years

Izumi: i'm supposed to update next tuesday but i saw seijoh in haikyuu's most recent chapter and i ACTUALLY cried.

makki iwa and mattsun are so oOMF.
oikawa's there too but this aint about him 🥴

SO HERE'S ANOTHER EARLY CHAPTER DHSJSJWKWK

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

2 years later, (Y/n), Oikawa, and Iwaizumi are now third years at Kitagawa Daiichi and are more inseparable than ever and are still proud members of the volleyball club.

In come the first years.

On with Chapter 2:

3RD PERSON POV

"M-My name is Kindaichi Yutaro! I am from class 1-4!"

"I'm Kunimi Akira from class 1-5."

"My name is Kageyama Tobio, and I'm from class 1-3."

...

"Well, welcome all first years to Kitagawa Daiichi's Boys' Volleyball Club! I am your coach, Takamoto Seiichi, and this is our manager, (L/n) (Y/n)." the coach welcome the new members into the club "This is the club's advisor, Mr Renbutsu. He will be joining you in your adventure with the volleyball club these 3 years." <random names picked for the coach and teacher btw>.

"Nice to meet all of you." the coach, advisor, and (Y/n) bowed to the 1st years as they greeted and bowed back.

== T I M E S K I P ==

Currently, everyone is split up into different groups. The 3rd years are teaching the 1st years the basics of receiving, setting, and spiking. The 1st years were divided into 3 smaller groups so that they will cycle through the 3 skills within a period of time.

Meanwhile, the 2nd years were having a practice match among themselves. (Y/n), on the other hand, was doing her manager things by taking down notes of the match, handing out the water bottles and towels to the players.

Suddenly, in the middle of the second set, the entrance to the gym opened. The creaking of the door caught everyone's attention, as a shy girl was peeking her head into the gym.

"E-Excuse me.." the girl said but her voice got softer at the end. Mr Renbutsu headed up towards her. "Yes, how may I help you?" he asked.

"U-Um.." the girl immediately looked down onto the floor. "I.. I would like to become a manager for the club.." She said. It was soft, but Mr Renbutsu managed to hear it. "Ah, is that so? Well," he said before turning to the team, "(L/n)! Can you come here please!" he shouted.

(Y/n) put down whatever she was holding and brisk walked to her club advisor and the 1st year. "How may I help you, Mr Renbutsu?" (Y/n) asked. "Can you teach this girl the ways of a manager?"

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled as she realized that the team will continue having a manager to take care of them, and also because she will be able to baby a junior.

"Yes, Mr Renbutsu." (Y/n) answered the teacher who then walked back to his position beside the coach.

"Hello there, I'm (L/n) (Y/n), the current manager of the Boys' Volleyball Club. What's your name?" "...Takahashi Amako..." the girl said as she was still looking at the floor, too shy to look at the senior (that she has been looking up to). <if this is your name, you can change it to another>

"Well then, Takahashi-san, welcome to the Boys' Volleyball Club!"

== D U R I N G B R E A K ==

The team decided to take a 1 hour break to drink up and rest, maybe grab some food. (Y/n) thought it was a great time to show Amako where the team keeps their stuff.

Meanwhile, Oikawa refused to take a break and instead work on his serves. Iwaizumi would have hit him for this if he wasn't out getting some snacks with his teammates. (Y/n) would have stopped him too, but she was busy showing the new manager around. The two of them have been friends with Oikawa long enough to know that he prefers to push himself to his limits instead of taking a needed break.

Which Oikawa never learns from.

Anyways, one of the first years, Kageyama Tobio, came back to the gym early with an onigiri and a carton of milk in his hands. He planned to eat in the gym before he did some self-practice.

The moment he entered the gym, he saw a serve that caught his entire attention. It was so... powerful, so strong, so...perfect.

'I must learn that.' Kageyama's thought. And that was the start of Kageyama "annoying" Oikawa to teach him the jump serve.

==T I M E S K I P==

"So, what did you think of the first years?" Iwaizumi asked his two best friends as they were walking home together.

"Amako-chan is a sweet girl! She's so shy and so cute and I just want to take care of her." (Y/n) said as she was thinking of babying her 1st year junior.

" "Amako-chan"? You're already on first name basis?" Iwaizumi asked. "Ah, yeah. I figured that to get her to open up to me, I allowed her to use my first name, then she allowed me to use hers." The manager explained.

"What about you, Tooru?" she then asked the other boy who was grumbling under his breath the entire time since they started walking home. "That annoying Kageyama Tobio-chan won't stop asking me to teach him how to do the jump serve! And I don't want to teach someone who plans on going to Shiratorizawa in the future! That's where Ushiwaka-chan is going!" he complained.

"..."

"...so you don't like him?"

"NO!"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※