[13] Catch up

Izumi: by the time this one shot is published, i can announce that we have our own discord group! 🎉🎉🥳🥳

its a group made for wattpad anime fanfic writers/readers to just hangout and talk to each other regarding stories, anime, studies, or life in general!

the link will be on my profile message board and bio, see you guys soon!

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

"You guys are going to eat? Can I join?" Iwaizumi asked since he was feeling hungry after practice.

"Hm? Yeah, sure." (Y/n) answered.

"Oho? You guys are going to eat? Imma come along too." "Me too." the duo suddenly arrived.

"Hmmm yeah." she was caring less at this point.

"What?! You guys are going to eat?! I'm coming too!" Oikawa exclaimed.

"Hmmmmmm."

"What does that mean?!"

On with Chapter 13:

3RD PERSON POV

"Is that (L/n)-senpai?"

"What is she doing in the first-year classroom?"

"Oh my god should I talk to her??"

"I want to be her friend.."

First years of Aoba Johsai were crowding around class 1-1 to see one of Seijoh's popular third years.

(Y/n) decided to have lunch with her juniors to catch up with them since it has been a while since they have seen each other. The day before, during practice, she had suggested the idea to the first years and they all agreed to it.

While for the third years, she had only told Iwaizumi about it since he was the only one who wouldn't practically force her to stay with them for lunch. So when it was lunch, she quickly got out of class and managed to avoid the other three successfully.

"What? Kageyama did that?" (Y/n) asked her juniors as the four of them sat around the combined tables. While eating, they talked about what each other missed.

Kindaichi talked about how Kageyama had become the "King of the Court" after (Y/n), Iwaizumi, and Oikawa graduated. He got more arrogant and didn't want to cooperate with the team. Kunimi and Amako would add on some moments with Kageyama that would backup his change in personality.

"Oh wow.. So that's why he was not with you guys that one time.." (Y/n) muttered when she remembered the time she came to watch their match a few months ago.

"Well, I don't think you missed much..?" the manager said it more as a question as she tried to remember what happened in her first and second year of high school. She clearly forgot about the moment(s) where she was approached by people from other teams but were thankfully saved by her friends.

"Ah! Wait, I just remembered something!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she took out her phone and immediately went to the image gallery.

"It was raining and we wanted to go to the convenience store during break, but we only had 2 umbrellas." she explained.

"They gave me 1 umbrella, while they shared the other." at that statement, the first years got confused.

"Why didn't they split it between 2 and 3 people?" "No idea."

(Y/n) then showed the photo she took of them.

{ i really searched for the artist of this photo but i actually cant find them

{ i really searched for the artist of this photo but i actually cant find them. i found a pinterest that just led back to my story because of this photo lol. so please tell me if you know the artist thank you! }

"It didn't take them long to give up on this since we wouldn't have any time left from how slow they were moving. So they ran." (Y/n) let out a giggle when she recalled the memory.

"At the convenience store, they didn't even consider buying umbrellas so they got back to the gym soaking wet." she said while putting her phone away.

"I had to hold the food though since for some reason I was the only one using the umbrella."

F L A S H B A C K

"Nooooo! It's rainingggggggg!" Oikawa whined as he stood at the gym entrance.

The volleyball club was given a break in the middle of practice and the group decided to grab some food from a nearby convenience store. They were still hungry even though lunch was a few hours ago.

"You didn't bring an umbrella?" (Y/n) asked while taking out her umbrella from her bag.

"No who does that." "Me." Iwaizumi said as he himself was holding his own umbrella.

"Are we still going to the store?" Hanamaki asked as he watched the rain getting heavier and heavier. "Yeah.. I want my food." Matsukawa said as he joined in the rain watching.

"I have an idea." Oikawa suddenly said, causing the other four to look at him questioningly.

...

"You know, we could have done this a smarter way.." (Y/n) asked as she stood behind the boys to observe their tactic on keeping dry.

The two umbrellas were given to two groups, (Y/n) and the boys.

"Why don't we ju-" "Hanamaki get on my shoulders." the manager got cut off by the middle blocker.

Soon, Oikawa was on Iwaizumi's shoulders and Hanamaki was on Matsukawa's, the umbrella being held by Oikawa.

"Okay, let's go." They managed to slowly shuffle out of the school. People that were still outside were staring at them and (Y/n), who was at the back, did not want to be there at all, but who else was going to take care of them?

Even when suffering from second-hand embarrassment, she still took out her phone to snap a picture of them.

"Okay, we're too slow." Iwaizumi said as he let OIkawa down from his shoulders. "Let's just run." Matsukawa suggested as he let Hanamaki down too.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Wait, wha-" the manager didn't even manage to complete the sentence when the four of them started running.

Wait, who was screaming?

...

@ the store

"..." (Y/n) just entered the store to see the four of them drenched. The cashier just stared at them annoyed since they were dirtying the floors, but of course they didn't notice it since they were busy walking around getting food.

After paying for the food, they handed it all to (Y/n). "(N/n), hold this for us." Oikawa said before leading the group to run back to school.

"..."

"..."

"Why didn't they buy umbrellas?"

"I'm sorry, they're my idiots."

E N D / O F / F L A S H B A C K

"sigh..." (Y/n)'s sigh caught the juniors' attention. The corner of her lips then lifted to form a small smile.

"I love those idiots."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: we stan platonic love between girls and guys

I couldnt stop laughing at the picture while writing the flashback

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writer and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※