Chapter 3

You fell to the ground and gripped your ears tightly. The scream had stopped but it still echoed through your mind.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)!"

You felt as Jimin gently tried to pry your hands away from your ears but you kept them there, eyes shut just as tightly. You realised that you were shivering uncontrollably and tried to calm your breathing.

The scream that lingered in your head freaked you out. It didn't sound at all human.

Was it an animal?

Jimin crouched down next to you and wrapped his baseball jersey around you before gently lifting you up into his arms. You were still shivering and you could feel your heartbeat throughout your entire body.

You stared to calm down when Jimin brought you into the nurse's office, quietly explaining what happened to her.

When you finally opened your eyes you saw him talking to someone on the phone.

A few minutes later Namjoon burst through the doors and ran over to you. "What happened?" He gently took your hands away from your ears and held them gently in his.

"That scream," you started shakily, "it was so loud. And– and it wasn't human."

You looked around at everyone and a thought suddenly struck you.

Why is no one else talking about it?

"What scream?" Jimin made his way over to you, looking concerned.

"The scream that– you didn't hear it?" you gaped at the two of them. They both looked confused by your words and glanced at each other worriedly.

"There was no scream (Y/n)," Jimin explained softly, "you must have imagined it."

"No," you shook your head stubbornly. "It was real. I didn't just– I couldn't have just–"

"Maybe you fell asleep?" Namjoon suggested, "and it was a nightmare?"

You tried to think back if you had fallen asleep but you were pretty sure you had been wide awake. "I don't–"

"He's right," Jimin realised with a snap of his fingers. "You fell asleep during the announcements. I remember being worried that the teacher would see but she barely looked over in our direction."

I fell asleep?

"I don't remember that..." you trailed off as the two watched you.

"How much sleep did you get last night Kim?"

"An hour," you murmured.

"An hour?!" Your head shot up at the sound of your brother's voice and you saw as he entered the room angrily. "You said you slept well!"

"I didn't want to worry you," you said in a small voice.

Jin walked over to you and Namjoon and Jimin went over to the door to give the two of you some space.

"You– what?" Jin's glare softened as you avoided his eyes.

"You've been getting less sleep than I have because you're so worried. I just wanted to give you one night to sleep properly."

Jin sighed and he hugged you tightly. "A good nights rest is not worth you being alone and scared," he said sternly. "Next time call me okay? I can relax more knowing that you'll call me when you need to."

You nodded and hid your face in his shirt. Your ears were still ringing and the scream echoed at the back of your mind.

Was I really that tired that I fell asleep without realising?