Chapter 9

"What do you mean you told Jimin?!" Suga blurted in disbelief.

"Shhh!" You looked around hurriedly to make sure no one heard his outburst.

Unfortunately you were in the school's library, which was dead quiet under the librarian's scrutinising glare. Everywhere people looked up from their books to glare at the two of you for disturbing the silence.

Suga ignored their looks and continued to stare at you with wide eyes.

You pretended to look through books as you whispered back to him, "I didn't exactly have a choice."

"Why not?" came his reply.

"He saw one," you stated bluntly.

"One...?"

"A nightmare... type... thing," you explained, "I know they come when I'm awake but they're still... nightmares."

Suga took the book out of your hands and slid it back onto the shelf. "He saw one?"

You nodded and took out the next book, "I thought only we could see them."

The dark haired didn't say anything and you turned to see him staring at the bookshelf thoughtfully.

"I'm guessing you can't tell me why Jimin could see them?" you sighed.

Suga nodded and stole your book, flipping through the pages.

You watched him carefully before choosing your next words, "did you know he would be able to?"

"Maybe," he muttered.

"Can other people?"

"That depends."

"On?"

Suga slammed the book shut and stared at you pointedly, "if I could tell you don't you think I would have by now?"

"Right," you murmured.

The bell rang, signalling the end of free period.

"I'll see you at lunch," Suga muttered before leaving the library hurriedly.

~

"Where's your friend?" Hoseok asked as you sat down.

"Namjoon? He's right here," you said, confused. You had walked in with the silver haired and the two of you joined the same table as the day before.

You hadn't planned on another awkward lunch but Taehyung had asked you again and Namjoon seemed to like sitting with them.

"No the sketchy one," Hoseok replied.

"Oh. Um I don't know." You hadn't seen Suga since the library this morning.

Now that you thought about it, you hadn't seen Jimin either.

Yesterday when you told him about the nightmares he had taken it pretty well. It's not like he wouldn't have believed you when the pale creature lay dead on your kitchen floor.