Chapter 14

As soon as Suga told you to go after your best friend you knew it was the right thing to do.

He convinced you to wait one more day to allow your friend time to cool down and you spent most of the night pacing restlessly in your bedroom.

The next morning, Suga gave you a lift to Namjoon's house on his motorbike and this time you didn't feel as awkward. You were familiar with the dark haired now and felt comfortable around him.

Your heart did beat a bit faster though, as you slowly wrapped your arms around his waist and felt him tense up. The tips of his ears turned red and he made sure to avoid eye contact.

The ride to Namjoon's house was quick and Suga parked the bike, allowing you to jump off.

"Call me when you're ready to go home," he murmured before riding back down the way you came. You took a deep breath and willed yourself to step closer towards your best friend's house.

Is this too soon?

Should I have waited?

Will he forgive me?

The front door burst open and Namjoon fell out, struggling to put a jacket on as he left the house. He froze when he saw you and your heart stopped.

Oh gosh it is too soon.

He sprinted across his front lawn and enveloped you in a warm hug. "I was just on my way to your house," he murmured. "I'm sorry."

"No, I should be the one saying sorry," you blurted as you pulled away to look at him. "I should have told you right in the beginning. I'm sorry."

He shook his head with a smile. "We were both in the wrong then. You should have told me and I should have spent more time with you. Its my fault we've drifted recently."

"No!" you exclaimed. "You have to help your family. You're not to blame," you said sternly, "and I don't know about you but even though we haven't seen each other so much, you're still my best friend."

Namjoon's smile grew, showing his dimples. You had always loved his dimples, they made him seem so adorable sometimes.

You reached up and poked one and he rolled his eyes, letting you. "I wish you would stop doing that."

"No you don't," you countered smugly.

He responded by ruffling your hair, messing the neat braid you had spent so long doing this morning.

After speaking things over, the two of you went back to his house to catch up. You told him about the nightmares in more detail and could already see the gears turning in his head.

Not for the first time, you wondered why you hadn't told him. He would be the one to figure things out. It wasn't just him being busy that stopped you but something else.

Almost like some part of you didn't want to find out the truth. The thought scared you. Was the truth that much worse than the reality you were living in now?

"So what do we do now?" Namjoon asked after a while.

You shrugged helplessly. "I have no idea. If only Suga could tell us the truth."