Chapter 5

You woke up the next morning feeling strange. You opened your eyes and looked towards the window to see a faint beam of sunlight breaking through.

Is it daytime?

You slowly stood up and went over to the window. Though the rain continued to pour, you could just make out the sun peeking through the dark clouds.

You heard a knock on the door and turned to see Jin leaning against the door frame. "Someone had a good sleep."

You grinned at him. "I slept the whole night?"

"Yup. Didn't wake up once. Even when I carried you through," your brother smiled.

You blinked in confusion. It had been so long since you had slept well that you had forgotten what it was like. You glanced at your watch and saw that the time was 12:00 p.m.

Your eyes widened as Jin chuckled. "Yeah you even missed breakfast."

As elated as you felt, you worried about what it meant. For some reason you found yourself even more on edge, waiting for something worse to happen.

Jin left to go make lunch and you changed into a pair of jean shorts and flowy yellow shirt. You brushed your hair and left it as it was.

You ran down the stairs just as Jin finished making you a sandwich. "Sorry it's not much," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I have to go to work soon."

"Oh." You watched as he carried the dishes to the sink. "But it's Sunday."

"Yeah, I don't know why they want me today. But it's been a while since I went so..."

You nodded. He had taken the whole of last week off to stay with you at home.

"Will you be okay by yourself?"

"Yup," you assured him, "I think I'll go for a walk or something."

"One good nights rest and suddenly you're taking walks? What kind of magic is that?"

You laughed and ate your cheese sandwich quickly.

Jin left ten minutes later, dressed in casual clothes. They would style him there before taking the photos. You tried to think of what company he modelled for but you came up blank.

Hasn't he bragged about it a million times? How could I forget?

You sighed and decided to ask him later. All you knew was that it was a really well known, expensive brand. You'd think with how much money he earned he would be able to afford a new car.

After washing the dishes, you slipped on a pair of sneakers and grabbed your umbrella before heading out the front door. You made sure to lock it and triple checked that it wouldn't open. You were paranoid like that.

You opened up your see-through umbrella and held it above your head, protecting you from the drizzling rain. It wasn't too bad today, just a steady drip.

You walked for about fifteen minutes before realising that you were headed in the direction of your school. Wanting nothing less than to go to school on a Sunday, you altered your direction and ended up in the cafe where Jungkook worked.

The dark haired stood at the counter, casually scrolling through his phone. When he heard the door close he looked up and embarrassedly put his phone away. Apart from him, the cafe was empty. Most people stayed indoors to avoid the rain and only left when they had to, so restaurants didn't do too well in this part of town.

"Oh. Hey, (Y/n)."

You smiled in greeting. "Hi."

"What can I get for you?" Jungkook leant forward.