Chapter 23

Flashback

You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, blocking out the sounds of the doctor calling your name. You didn't want to go back to that cold, white room. All you wanted was to be back home.

The nightmares were getting worse here. Your parents promised that they would get better, so for now you would trust them. After all, they're your parents. They would do what's best for you.

You ran without knowing where you were running to. You just had to keep moving.

You passed by patients and doctors alike, all startled by your sudden appearance, gaping after you as you ran.

You turned a corner and caught a glimpse of Doctor's Kim heading right towards you. You came to a sudden halt in your steps and looked around with wide eyes for a hiding spot.

Out of nowhere a hand grabbed your wrist and yanked you into a room, shutting the door tightly behind you. You leant over, panting from all the running you had just done and felt a tentative hand pat your back gently.

You straightened up and faced your saviour. In front of you stood a slim, dark haired boy. His skin was pale and his eyes sunken as though he hadn't gotten much sleep lately.

"Thank you," you murmured shyly.

The boy broke out into a wide grin, his gums showing in an adorable way. "You're welcome. What were you running from?"

"The doctors," you sighed.

"Didn't want to take your medicine?" he joked.

You returned his smile softly. "Something like that. I'm part of the psycho ward," you explained.

Of course that wasn't the official name for it, but it did the job.

His mouth opened in a slight 'o'. "So nows the part where you escape and get right back to murdering a bunch of people?"

You blinked at his strange comment. "I'm not a psychopath."

"I know," he admitted. "Your eyes are showing far too much emotion for you to be."

Your eyes widened at that and you brought your hands up as if you could feel that what he said was true. Am I really?

"What's your name?" you asked, trying to distract him from his previous comment.

"Yoongi," he grinned. "Min Yoongi."

"I'm (L/n) (Y/n)."

"Nice to meet you (L/n) (Y/n)."

As the two of you smiled shyly at each other, the door opened and in stepped Doctor Kim, his blonde hair ruffled and his mouth open slightly as he struggled for air.

"Miss (L/n), there you are!" the doctor exclaimed. "Who's this?"

"He's-"