Chapter 19

You opened your eyes and found yourself back in your room.

Am I back in my dream?

How is this possible?

You slowly stood up from your familiar bed and walked over to the window, gazing out into the garden.

For once, it was no longer raining and the sun shone brightly in the sky, reflecting off the white snow that covered the ground.

Wait, snow?

Laughing in delight, you ran outside and into the garden, feeling the icy wind sting your cheeks. Your bare feet tingled in the cold snow and you hugged yourself, shivering.

After a few minutes of marvelling at the snow you quickly ran back inside and changed into warm clothes.

You ran to Jin's room and slammed the door open. "Jin?!"

The room was empty, but you recognised all of his things still in their place.

You walked around the room and gazed at the magazine cut outs that were stuck on the wall. They were all the ones he had featured in when he was modelling.

I wonder if the real Kim Seokjin has ever done modelling?

Is it weird that I imagined him as a model?

You smiled awkwardly to yourself at the thought. You hoped he would never find out about any of this.

You sat down on the bed that he barely ever slept in - always staying awake to help you with your nightmares - and stared at the floor despairingly.

I'm back. But what if everything here is still the same?

Are they still gone?

You felt tears brim in your eyes as memories of their dead bodies flashed through your mind. You had seen six of your friends' lifeless eyes and they haunted you every night.

Wait a minute.

Six?

Jimin, Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok... where was Suga?

He wasn't there.

Is he still alive here then?

You jumped off of your brother's bed and ran downstairs, slipping on a pair of warm boots that matched your coat and scarf.

You trudged all over town in search of your friend, praying that you would find him alive and okay. The last you had seen him he had disappeared with the monster in the woods by the lake house.

Jungkook's cafe was blocked in the front by a huge pile of snow, preventing you from going inside. A rusted closed sign hung on the front door, swinging in the icy wind. You peeked through the transparent glass and saw the chairs and tables stacked up, no person in sight.

Where is everybody?

Sighing, you continued walking in the direction of the school and found it just as empty, no cars in the parking lot, no students huddling in groups, chatting excitedly.

Even on weekends the school was never empty. The eerie silence sent a chill down your spine and you walked up the front steps, cautiously shoving the large front doors open.

The edges were frozen from the snow and you had to use all your strength to try get them to open. Eventually you managed an opening big enough to squeeze through and entered the school building.