Chapter 17

The next day you woke up early and rushed to get changed. It was the last full day at the lake house and you wanted to make the most of it.

After yesterday's events, everyone had stayed inside and watched tv or played board games. While you refused to go anywhere near the lake, you wanted everyone to experience the same fun you always did at your family's cabin.

You opened the cupboard to look for something to wear and took out a pair of faded black jeans and an old shirt of Jin's. For some reason you didn't feel like wearing colour.

You quickly changed and gazed at your reflection in the mirror. Immediately you hated your outfit. It had been so long since you had worn such dull clothes and you didn't like how pale and scared they made you look.

You ran back to the cupboard and took out the brightest clothes you could find. You threw them on and smiled when you saw your reflection.

You looked absolutely ridiculous with mismatched neon socks, white sneakers, a blue polka dot dress and a bright pink ribbon tying your hair. You sighed in contentment. Normally your outfits would be on the stylish side but today you felt the need for some chaotic colour. You refused to let your nightmares get the better of you.

You skipped downstairs and ignored Jin and Suga's questioning glances. Hoseok barely glanced up from his breakfast but Namjoon shot you an understanding smile. He knew why you dressed so colourfully and claimed it was one of the things he liked about you.

Not letting the nightmares win.

Once everyone had woken up and eaten breakfast Jin suggested having a game day. It was raining too heavily outside and after what happened yesterday no one was keen to step out of the safety of the wooden lake house.

You all gathered in the attic and got comfortable on the floor.

"What shall we play?" Taehyung asked.

There was silence as everyone thought of something to do.

"To be honest it's been a while since I've played a game that's not on my computer or Xbox." Jungkook replied sheepishly.

The rest of the boys agreed and you rolled your eyes.

"We could play 30 seconds?" Jin suggested. "We always used to play that with our parents."

The rest of the boys shrugged and listened carefully as Jin explained the rules.

"So basically, when it's your turn you get a card and you have to explain the words on the card to your partner for them to guess without saying what it is. You have thirty seconds to try get as many of the words as you can and then its the next person's turn."

You split up into four teams of two; Jin and Jungkook, You and Namjoon, Taehyung and Hoseok, and Jimin and Suga. The last pair weren't too happy with the arrangement and glared at each other sulkily.

The game started and soon enough it became clear who the winners would be. Jin and Jungkook kept explaining the key words in the most roundabout way, resulting in absolute confusion for everyone. Taehyung and Hoseok kept accidentally saying the actual word, wasting time as they apologised to each other. Suga and Jimin would have done well if they didn't argue about every little mistake. Either the one was taking too much time thinking, or they could have said it in an easier way.