Chapter 10

"Where did mom put the decorations?!" Jin yelled from downstairs.

You glanced up from your laptop and thought. "I don't know!" you yelled back.

A couple minutes later Jin appeared in your doorway, breathing heavily. "I can't find them anywhere."

"She probably got rid of them in one of her spring cleans," you shrugged.

"I'll just go get more," he sighed.

You closed your laptop and swung your legs over the side of the bed. "Why? It's not like we need them."

"Of course we need them!" Jin exclaimed. "It's your birthday tomorrow."

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah and it'll probably just be me, you and Namjoon again this year. I doubt he's gonna be upset at the lack of decorations."

Every year for your birthday, Jin would go all out, making a huge cake, putting decorations up everywhere and planning this huge big dinner party just for the two of you and your friend. Sometimes Jimin came when he was able to but for the most part it was just you and the two boys closest to you.

Jin looked at you for a minute. "I'm going anyway. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." He ran out before you could say anything.

You sighed and hopped down the stairs to make yourself some hot chocolate. You ate the marshmallows separately, not wanting them to melt, and drank the hot drink.

The warmth spread through you and you sighed in contentment. There was nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate on a rainy day.

Which was every day technically.

You checked your phone for messages but of course, there were none. You only really had about five people in your contacts list so it wasn't a surprise that you didn't get many messages.

It was just Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung and Suga who recently gave it to you in case you were in trouble.

Wait why don't I have mom and dad's numbers?

You searched through the short list of contact numbers again and again, finding nothing. Surely you would have your own parents' contact numbers?

You slowly made your way up the stairs and sat down on your bed staring at the phone screen.

Why–

Suddenly you felt a hand grab your ankle and you screamed, pulling your feet up onto the bed. On the floor was a pitch black hand that felt around, trying to find your ankle again.

You scurried backwards until your back hit the wall and grabbed your laptop as a weapon. The hand kept grabbing around and you held your breath.

Slowly slipping your phone out of your pocket, you sent a quick message to Suga.

You took a deep breath as the hand slunk back under your bed, and got ready to run. When it had been gone for more than a minute, you vaulted off your bed and ran for the door, feeling the cold fingers just brush against your Achilles' tendon.

You slammed your bedroom door shut and pressed your hands against it. Feeling no pressure from the other side you relaxed your position and slowly backed away.