Chapter 6

"Suga!"

You twirled in a circle, looking for the dark haired.

He just left me?!

The monsters that emerged from the dark cloud drew closer and, seeing no other choice, you ran as fast as you could. As you started running, your thumb pressed against your phone and hit send.

You glanced down in panic. No! Jin's not meant to come!

You kept running until you reached the streets and turned down a dark alleyway. You took another right and ended up running into a dead end.

You whirled around to run back, only to be stopped by the mutilated people. You had seen enough movies to know they were meant to be zombies.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Is it Halloween?

No. Its a nightmare.

The new voice reverberated through your head and you found yourself recognising it.

What do I do?

What you always do when you have a nightmare.

Wake up.

The gravelly voice faded away and you sank to the floor, shivering. The zombies crept forwards, backing you into the dead end. You drew your knees up to your chin and shut your eyes tightly.

Wake up.

Wake up.

Wake up!

"(Y/n), wake up!"

You felt hands shaking you gently and you opened your eyes painfully. Your head hurt.

"Jin?"

Your brother gazed into your eyes worriedly. "Oh thank goodness. You scared me!"

"What happened?" you croaked. You looked past Jin and saw that you were still in the dark alleyway. The zombies were no where in sight.

"I was hoping you would tell me," Jin sighed. "What was that message about? And what are you doing here?"

You sat up straight as you remembered accidentally sending the message to Jin. The message saying you were in trouble. "It was a prank?"

"A prank? Are you serious right now? Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

You avoided his gaze and looked down at your knees. Somehow they were grazed and bleeding.

Did I fall?

"I'm sorry," you murmured.

"And I don't believe you." Jin helped you stand and put your arm around his shoulder.

"What?"

"About the prank. I think something happened, you're just not telling me about it."

Maybe I should have thought of a better excuse. Jin knows I would never worry him like that for nothing.

You kept silent as he lead you over to his car, helping you into the passenger's seat.

The drive home was deadly quiet. You didn't dare speak as you practically felt the anger and worry steaming from Jin. Your thoughts were also too muddled to think straight.

Did I fall asleep and imagine the whole thing?

But the talk with Suga felt real. Your legs still felt the ache of walking such a far distance and then running even further from the zombies. You couldn't be imagining that as well.