Chapter 13

"(Y/N)?"

You flinched at the low voice. "Tae?"

"I'm here," he replied. "Follow my voice."

You nodded even though he couldn't see you and tried to find him in the darkness. "Keep talking."

"Right um... so it's really dark right now," he started awkwardly. "And I'm pretty sure I just saw everyone in the restaurant disappear but that's okay."

You slowly took a couple of steps forward in the direction of his voice and tried not to bump into anything.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Maybe if we both talk we can find each other?"

"Right okay."

You heard shuffling ahead of you and tried to squint through the darkness which seemed to be lifting.

"Uh, Tae?"

"(Y/N)?"

"Have my eyes just adjusted to the darkness or is it getting lighter?"

There was silence and you knew Taehyung was thinking about it. You looked up ahead and saw the outline of a shape.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes?"

"Raise your hand or something."

The shape raised its hand and you ran towards it, arms in front in case of any obstacles. As you neared, you just made out Taehyung's face. He watched as you drew closer and moved forward the last couple of steps to wrap you in a hug.

"Oh thank goodness," he murmured softly. He pulled away but made sure to keep a tight grip on your hand. The warmth from his palm reassured you and you could almost ignore the cold breeze.

Wait.

A breeze inside McDonald's?

"Is that rain?" Taehyung asked quietly.

You looked up and felt drops of rain fall onto your face. "Wha–"

Your foot sunk into a patch of muddy ground and you quickly jumped out. Everything was much lighter now and you could see around you.

Above your head the moon cast a dim glow over the forest. The trees suddenly grew closer together and suffocated you with the small space.

Next to you, you felt Taehyung tense up and realised that he wasn't used to things like this happening.

"It's okay," you murmured. "We just need to get home."

Wake up.

Wake up.

Wake up.

But this time it didn't work. Your mind was too clouded, you were too worried about the boy next to you.

"Where are we?" Taehyung whispered. His hold on your hand tightened and you winced at the pain. "Sorry."