Chapter 11

"Surprise!!!"

You blinked at the sudden light that pierced the dark living room and tried to figure out what was going on.

Scattered around your lounge was Jin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jungkook and Suga. Behind them hung a bunch of colorful decorations.

"Uh... What is this?" you muttered to Jimin, who stood behind you with a smug smile.

He and Taehyung had been scheming all week to plan this surprise party and earlier today he had been given the task of distracting you while the rest set up. Honestly you were so clueless that it was easy to hide it from you.

"Happy birthday!!" Jimin cheered.

You looked back and forth between the blonde haired and the rest of the smiling people. The only one who didn't seem super cheerful was Suga.

"It's your party!" Taehyung explained with a smile.

He walked over to you and wrapped you in a warm hug. "Happy seventeenth birthday."

You smiled shyly before his words registered.

Seventeenth?

Before you could say anything, the others pulled Taehyung away to wish you a happy birthday. All of them acted as if it was your seventeenth birthday.

Is this a prank?

Even the decorations had the number seventeen on them.

"Uh... whats with the–?"

Your words abruptly cut off as Suga shoved a present in your face. "Happy Birthday."

You gingerly took the wrapped present and placed it down on the dining room table, where a small pile of gifts sat. "Thanks."

The rest of the evening passed in a daze as you waited for someone to slip up and tell you about the prank.

The number seventeen was starting to freak you out as it appeared everywhere. The cake that Jungkook made for you had seventeen candles, Taehyung's present was wrapped in paper covered in the number, Jin kept 'crying' about his little sister turning seventeen and Namjoon kept complaining that it meant only a year left with you at school before he graduates.

When your friend said, that you realised something was seriously wrong. Namjoon was meant to be graduating in a couple of weeks, not next year. If he wasn't such a bad actor you might have continued thinking it was a prank but he seemed dead serious.

The only one that didn't act strange was Suga.

While the others were busy stuffing their faces with pizza, you quietly tugged on Suga's sleeve and gestured for him to follow you outside.

He plopped down on your swing chair as you paced on the wooden porch.

"Stop biting your nails," he chided.

You pulled your hand away and plopped down next to him. "How old am I?"

There was a pause before he spoke carefully, "18."