Chapter 4

One week later

You didn't see the dark haired stranger again after your brush with him in the cafe. You kept waiting for him to show up but he never did.

Your nightmares continued to worsen over the past week and you found yourself concentrating less and less during school. It's not like you cared. At this point you figured you'd be in some sort of hospital by the time you were out of school. Either for your safety or the people around you.

Jin continued to wake you every night and hold you as you fell back into a restless sleep. He started sleeping during the day when he didn't have to model so that he was always available to help you.

Namjoon stuck even closer to you, keeping a close eye on you ever since the incident where you heard the scream.

The two of you were currently shopping for new shoes. His were long worn out and he had been saving up to get a new pair. You went along with him since it was a Saturday and helped as he looked through the large selection of shoes.

"How about these?" Namjoon showed you a pair of crispy white shoes and you held them up to your face, inspecting them.

"Hmm. Nah."

"Nah?" his eyebrows creased, "I kind of like them."

"Then get them!" you exclaimed. "I just thought they might get dirty."

Namjoon thought for a bit. "I suppose you're right." He glumly put them down and started looking at a pair of black ones.

Bored, you looked around the store and caught a glimpse of two people you did not expect to see today.

"What are you doing?" Namjoon questioned as you quickly hid behind him.

"Shh. 3 o'clock."

"Huh? Kim, why are you being so weird?" the silver haired asked loudly.

I thought he was the smart one?

You groaned and pushed him away, "why are you so loud?"

"(Y/n)?"

You turned around and saw Taehyung smiling at you.

Great.

Behind the brunette trailed Hoseok. He twirled a flower in his hand and gazed at it thoughtfully.

"Oh, Namjoon! You're here too."

Your friend looked up and spotted Taehyung and Hoseok walking in your direction. "Ohhh. That's why–"

You slammed your hand over his mouth and sent a message with your eyes.

Shut. up.

His eyes widened as he nodded slightly. You took your hand away and wiped it on your shorts as Taehyung gazed at the two of you quizzically. "What are you guys doing?"

"Shopping?"Hoseok suggested.

Taehyung smiled sheepishly. "Right."

The four of you stood there awkwardly before Taehyung spoke again, "well, me and Hobi were about to eat lunch somewhere–"

"Oh that's nice," you said too quickly, accidentally interrupting him.

"–and I wondered if you would like to join us...?" Taehyung finished awkwardly.

You slowly hid behind Namjoon's large frame and left it up to him. The silver haired raised an eyebrow at you before shrugging. "Uh, sure. Let me just pay for these," he hefted up a black pair of shoes.