Chapter 15

For two hours Jin drove you, Namjoon and Jimin to your family's lake house. Namjoon called dibs on the front seat, leaving you on the backseat with Jimin.

Namjoon played some music and him and Jin sang along loudly. Jimin opened up his window and allowed the breeze to flow over his face. He turned towards you with a smile and your heart skipped a beat as you took in his ruffled blonde hair and brightened eyes. Impulsively, you leaned over and fixed his hair.

His smile became more curious as he watched you concentrating on his messy hair. You realised how close he was and met his eyes that seemed to stare right into your soul. He didn't look away from your face even as you pulled away and sat back in your seat.

After a while, Jimin got bored of sitting in the backseat and quickly climbed out onto the back of the car, ignoring the rain. He slowly stood up, clothes and hair rustling in the wind. He laughed loudly and brought his hands up to feel the breeze. Seeing the others drive behind Jin's car, he gave them a big wave and laughed as they waved back.

He turned back to grin at you and you found yourself loving the happiness in his eyes. He seemed so free.

It was only then that you realised there was a lot more to your friendly neighbour that you had originally thought. It took seeing the freedom in his eyes to realise how trapped he usually felt. You didn't know what, but you knew there was something that weighed him down and troubled him.

You wished he could always be as free as he was now.

~

Jin eventually parked in front of your family's lake house and you jumped out of his car to breathe in the fresh air.

Behind you, Hoseok carefully parked his car and stepped out curiously.

The seven boys looked at the sparkling lake with eyes just as bright. It lay just in front of the house and seemed to stretch on for miles. The sun glittered on the water's surface and cast a silhouette on the horizon.

Leading from the house to the water was a wooden dock that had kayaks and boats attached. They were currently in their covers as small puddles of water settled on the plastic material.

Jin inhaled deeply and walked over to the front door to unlock it. You gazed up at the familiar wooden structure with a smile. It was pretty large for just a holiday home, with two stories and glass doors leading out onto spacious balconies.

Once the door was unlocked, Jin walked through the house and opened all the windows and sliding doors as the rest of you carried the bags in.

You dumped your suitcase in your usual room and showed the boys where they could stay.

Jin would be taking your parent's usual room, leaving the other six boys to share the last three rooms. Namjoon and Jimin immediately dibsed each other, leaving Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook.

To everyone's surprise Yoongi casually asked Hoseok to share with him. The younger shrugged and followed him to the room next to Jin's.

"Since when were they such good friends?" Taehyung asked in astonishment.

You were just as surprised.

Maybe he feels most comfortable around Hoseok?

It made sense considering the two of them were pretty similar. Dark and mysterious.